“Great place”
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #18 of 19 Campbeltown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I have stayed here for 3 nights week for the spast 4 months. Big rooms that get cleaned every day most of the double rooms has a bath or shower. The hotel is in an very good location to all the shops and other bars .All round a great place great staff and amazing food 10 out of 10. Entertenment on most nights.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We didnt stay in the hotel so I cant comment on the rooms but we ate here twice, great food, very very good value for money and very friendly and helpfull staff, will definitely eat here again.
The beer was very good too.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Tim L
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here for the second time in May 2012. as it is a work visit I don’t get much of a choice of where to stay. The check in was prompt and friendly, I was given directions to my room. The room was a double for single use and was extremely dated. The carpets were work, the décor tired and the curtains appeared to be charity shop rejects. the bed however was comfortable with clean white linen. The bathroom was my biggest gripe. The shower was poor and the remains of the previous occupant were visible (Pubic Hairs) There was also accumulated dirt in the grating of the Basin plug hole and the toilet seat wobbled . Now hands up here. I can not really hold these faults too much against the hotel as I did not raise them at the time therefore not affording the proprietor chance to rectify the situation. As a lone male traveller I was more concerned with what was downstairs ( Pub and Restaurant!)

The food here was some of the best I have had when travelling for work, I had the Garlic Bread with Cheese and a ribeye steak. The steak was cooked perfect to my request ( Medium Rare) the portions were generous and I left delighted and utterly stuffed. The beer ( Peroni) was crisp and cold.

I returned to my room and had a great nights sleep, I was still too full in the morning to take breakfast so cant comment on that!

I will happily stay here again if sent by work, However it is not aplace I would choose to take the family.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank travelingmatt748
Reviewed 17 June 2012

ok we arrived and just put bags in room 1...basic but beds clean ......sat on bed which fell to bits beneath me!!!! slats had been taped up!! spoke to Helen regarding this( after waiting ten mins to see her as she was completly run off her wee feet!!) but as room had two single beds as well that was fine....on returning to room much later...tried shutting curtains...only some would shut...towel on top of window sash to stop them rattling!! fire not working. we overlookedthe blue tac holding table....in morning went for shower in bathroom...two temps....cold or freezing!!! opened the few curtains that were closed to see the lovelly freshly planted window boxes....lovelly....apart from ones full of vomit we didnt see day before!!!breakfast was almost raw mushrooms,what can only be described as a pickled poached egg and toasted tattie scone...thank god beans were fine!!...bar was fab...staff were really nice but sorry never again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alison M
davideaton, Owner at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Obviously the bed being in pieces tied up with tape didn't make for a good start.
The bed had been taped up by the previous occupants, a group of young American boys who plainly didn't want to be charged for damages and concealed it. Having witnessed their behaviour beforehand I have no doubt one of them was also responsible for the
sickness in the window box.
The rattling window I have just now secured with its proper latch, probably too challenging for the drunken boys who took the towel approach.
The fuel effect heater does appear not to be working but both the convector radiators are working fine and I hope you were not cold with these in use.
It is perhaps unfortunate that there were few residents at the weekend as it then takes a lot of running before the hot water gets through to some rooms. I have however just been to the shower and it does run warm eventually.
I will make enquiries about the standard of your breakfast but normally we receive compliments about our breakfast. Again I apologise for the shortcomings of your stay but I would hope you might understand that sometimes it isn't all that simple to keep everything 100% all the time.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This hotel has been caught up in a 50’s time warp, both in decoration and furniture.
On checking in we discovered that the bedrooms are on the 2nd & 3rd floors.
Bar on ground, Breakfast room on 1st. There are no lifts and all luggage has to be carried up the flights of stair, although we were asked if we wanted any assistance.
The bedrooms were poorly furnished, with the bathroom needing a serious makeover -
no shelf for toiletries, sink plug not connected to chain, the seal around the top of bath being black in places, but worst of all, the carpet around the toilets smelling of urine, and need to be replaced.
There was a choice of cereal and cooked breakfast which was sufficient.
Unfortunately the smokers gathered outside the front doors, which were clearly heard in the
the bedrooms until closing time.
Street parking outside.
At £69 per room was not value for money and expensive.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank wonderfree41
Reviewed 24 December 2011

The bar and food were great. Especially the pizza. Rooms were basic. Staff all friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Ranger84
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Good value. I will probably stay here again if I return to Campbeltown. We paid 65 pounds for twin room with breakfast on a Thursday night. Some people consider three stars so-so, but this property was above average when compared to other Scottish inns in which I have stayed. It is a little rustic and maybe a little worn, but these qualities were not detrimental to our experience at all. Exceeded our expectations.

Stayed one night with friend. Room 14 (twin) was clean, beds comfortable compared to other places I've stayed in Scotland. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast decent quality but uninspired and typical of just about every inn in Scotland (eggs, sausage, black puddling, toast, fatty bacon (Americans would call this ham, not bacon)), and same ole' cereals. The bar next to the lobby was the coziest we found in Campbeltown (and we looked) in that it had an old-world feel (stone walls, etc) though I cant remember the whisky selections. No parking but should be easy to find on the street in front. Cant remember if internet was available.

Reference: I am a middle-class American male, 30's, well-traveled, as was my friend. This was my third two-week self-guided tour through Scotland since 2007. Generally, my scores/reviews are in comparison to any place I've stayed before in the world, not just comparable properties in Scotland.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends