“My stay in the Ardshiel on July 1st & 2nd”
Review of Ardshiel Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Campbeltown
Ardshiel Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Campbeltown B&B and Inns
Frick, Switzerland
“My stay in the Ardshiel on July 1st & 2nd”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Having known the Ardshiel from Facebook i was surprised by the Hotel in itself, very neat, a beautiful garden to sit in, lovley rooms, i felt very comfortable.

The Food was well cooked and they had a good choice on the menue. The staff was friendly and made me feel a bit like home.

The fantastic bar with all those lovley bottles was a great see too, affordable Prices and a wide choice.

So if going to Campbeltown again, my choice will be the same again - the Ardshiel

a special thanks to Amanda :-)

Room Tip: Any room will do as the Hotel is situated in a quiet place.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank René Daniel M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Warrington
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

This was our last night on a round Scotland motorcycle trip. Friendly staff, a huge well equipped and decorated room (ask for room 6)!, good bar and restaurant with friendly staff and a huge choice of whiskey. A large well cooked breakfast served by a very friendly lady. An excellent place to stop. There is concrete hard standing in the gravel car park ideal for motorcycles.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank KismetWarrington
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Ardsheil hotel in Campbeltown and cannot rate this establishment highly enough. The rooms are large and spotlessly clean with the added benefit of tea and coffee facilities in the room.The food and selection of whiskies in the newly refurbished bar are excellent and the staff and owners make it feel like a real "home from home". I shall be travelling to the area again in the near future and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Easdale C
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed here with friends (2 couples) last weekend. The food was to a very high standard and we really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. I am a bit of a clean freak and I enjoy nice surroundings so it was a pleasure to find modern, well furnished rooms, immaculately clean, and rivalling many major chains for value and experience. We were certainly not disappointed. Had a great weekend and have booked again for the Music Festival in July.

Room Tip: views over the garden are very pretty
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank blessing112
ireland
Reviewed 4 June 2013

the good points first - the staff are just lovely, so friendly and helpful. The rooms are immaculately clean and the food is fine - breakfast was nice.
Not such good points - the place is tired and has the feel of being cosmetically 'done up'. My room (which was more expensive than a luxurious 4* in Spain where i was the previous week) was at the top of the house. it had a double bed and two singles which was lucky as i definitely could not have slept the night int the double, a cheap and nasty thin interior sprung matress on top of wooden slats! really hard and i coudl feel the springs - tried one of the singles and that was just about ok. The furniture is way, way dated and lots of heat ring marks on the dressing table. the wardrobe was cheap and light and moved around when it was opened. i couldn't find where to plug in one of the bedside lamps and the other was on an extension lead and wasn't bright enough to read by. The bathroom was very clean and adequate but spoiled by B & Q bargain basement fittings and an ill fitting strip around the bath edge which didn't meet at places - made me wonder what might be lurking in there! All in all this is a very basic B & B charging hotel prices.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LundyIreland
215maz, Owner at Ardshiel Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am very pleased that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful and that your breakfast was nice.

I am disappointed that you found your room not to your satisfaction. We are in the process of a major renovation within the hotel not a cosmetic do up as you stated. The entrance hallway, reception, bar, lounge and function rooms have all been completed to a very high standard within the last year with ongoing work in corridors and moving on to all bedrooms. I am very disappointed that you found the mattress uncomfortable all our mattresses are hotel contract mattresses and are renewed on a regular basis so if the springs can be felt I will get the mattress replaced, as for the bed it is a divan bed with no wooden slats so I am not sure what you are referring to.

You are quite right about the ring marks on the dressing table it happened a few weeks ago and we have not been able to have it replaced yet. I will look at additional lighting in the room for reading and the bath strip will be replaced. I am pleased that you found the bathroom to be very clean as for the bathroom fittings they are not bargain basement fittings as you stated.

Feedback is always welcome as it gives us the chance to improve our service however to describe the hotel as a very basic B&B I consider to be very unfair and unjustified. I am glad you brought these points to my attention and I can assure you they will be acted upon.
Glasgow
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Overnight stay in a family room. Amazing service - amazing food. Can not recommend highly enough. Room was spacious and clean with tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast was great and nothing was too much trouble for staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank GoosemanGlasgow
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We booked here for 12 people and we were really happy, from the minute we arrived until we left. The rooms were beautiful and very clean, we stayed in a family room for 4 and it was really spacious. The views were amazing. Every member of staff was friendly and very helpful. We stayed for 2 nights and had breakfast which was lovely. I cannot find anything negative to say about this hotel. We will be staying here again next time we are in the wee toon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank maureen b
215maz, Owner at Ardshiel Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review. It was a pleasure to have you all stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Ardshiel in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbeltown
Argyll Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Machrihanish
Braefoot Guest House
Braefoot Guest House
#13 of 19 in Campbeltown

Been to Ardshiel Hotel? Share your experiences!