“Not Family Friendly”
Review of Argyll Hotel

Argyll Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Campbeltown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had an evening meal here on the 8th of April. We had reserved a table and requested a high chair. My 2 year old nephew was with us and before we had ordered dinner one of my dining companions was told whilst in charge of my nephew that it was a restaurant and my nephew had to calm down. We only discovered this after the meal. If we had known at the time we would have chosen to leave. I understand children can sometimes be badly behaved in restaurants and this can be off putting to other diners, but on this occasion this was not the case. The food we had was good and no complaints. However the attitude of this staff member regarding my nephew would make me think twice before going back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Brenda F

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The location of this hotel is simply stunning. We booked two nights at the hotel since my friend and I were visiting Kintyre on a photography holiday.
Although remotely positioned on the West coast, you can easily reach Campbeltown on the East within 15 mins drive. There are also local buses that stop outside.
If the location wasn't stunning enough, Ian and Nick who run the hotel are exemplary; they really couldn't do enough for you and really made you feel you were the only ones that mattered!
We didn't eat dinner at the hotel as we were too busy 'chasing the light' for sunset photographs in the evening, but I can comment on the breakfasts. All I can say is 'wow'! Every item on the cooked platter was delicious.
I write this review with some trepidation as part of me wants this bit of west coast Scotland to myself. Hope there's a room available to book when I return! Thank you Ian & Nick!

Room Tip: All rooms are great standard. Don't worry about getting a room with a sea view. Just walk down s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mdavies
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Really nicely refurbished hotel, some lovely touches to give the place just the right amount of chic whilst still being friendly and warm. The bed was wonderfully comfy, breakfast delicious and served with a smile, views stunning - all in all it was a proper relaxing break where nothing let me down. Everyone I came in contact with was lovely.

Even though it's a dog friendly hotel, it was still immaculately clean.

Stayed for dinner both nights and on both ocassions the food was delicious - then spent the evenings snuggled with a book on the gorgeous red sofa in front of an open fire.

Seriously, how could anyone want more than this ;-)

Room Tip: Try and get there as early as possible, a walk on the beach before dinner is a must! And look into f...
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My second visit under the new management and it is even better than before, the new menu is delicious and excellent value for money!! The location is stunning, has to be seen to be believed!! The perfect place to go for a relaxing time!!

Room Tip: Room number 8 has a picturesque seaview!!
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Fantastic three course lunch to celebrate our parents Golden Anniversary. Lovely food in a beautiful setting (the sun even shone). Great service with friendly, efficient staff. We were a family group of 28 people taking in 4 generations and everyone was made feel very welcome. Good value for money. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Right on the beach, stunning setting, wonderful views, really good home made food served quickly, relatively small, but covering all the bases menu with stand out fish and chips and fish cakes, best Banoffee pie I've ever eaten with home made pastry. Above all a friendly, lovely atmosphere and welcome, this is a great place run by a really professional team.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A great work in progress.. If ur expecting everything to be brand new and shinny this isnt the place for u. But if ur like me and looking for a home away from home great place to go. Warm and friendly staff and owners, couldnt go enough to make our stay comfortable. Good food and choice to top it off. Cant wait to see the hotel when its finished. But great place to stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbeltown
Argyll Arms Hotel
#16 of 19 in Campbeltown
The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages
The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages
#1 of 1 in Machrihanish

Been to Argyll Hotel? Share your experiences!