“I had a perfect Holiday at Akland Accomodation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inveraray
Arkland Holiday Accommodation
Ranked #11 of 14 Inveraray B&B and Inns
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“I had a perfect Holiday at Akland Accomodation!”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I have been in Inveraray last week at the 17th and 18th of November. This were two perfect days in Inveraray specially because I felt myself at home in the Akland's flat. I had everything I needed and more. The organization of the flat it's impeccable, all the facilities had a sign explaning how to use them, the decoration of the rooms, the bathroom, livingroom and kithen it's beatiful!!! Also, Kathy gave me and my boyfriend all the good tips about Inveraray and Edinburgh (I went there at the 19th). So I could really enjoy the city too! I had a perfect time there!

Room Tip: The Flat it's perfect! Quiet, clean, well decorated, organized, weel situated and beatiful!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 10 December 2010

It has been our second time in Arkland and I do hope it is not our last! Kathy Cameron offers such a great apartment for families. It has all the possible amenities and my teenage children simply love it. Loads of films and games to play with.
The rooms are tastefully decorated and they make you feel at home from the first moment. Right in the middle of the beautiful 18th century Inveraray, it is located in a very peaceful little street where you can sleep perfectly indeed. Kathy is a great guide and she offers not only useful and practical information about all Scotland but is also helpful should any problem arise.
We have certainly loved Arkland and even if we live very far away, we do feel it is a bit our home in Scotland.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Glasgow
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at this lovely apartment. Facilities were great - everything you would find in your own home is provided for you. The owner, Kathy, should be complimented on providing such a high level of accomodation. Flat is very easy to find & I have never found parking a problem in Inveraray.

Thanks again Kathy for a lovely stay. Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Scotkate, Owner at Arkland Holiday Accommodation, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
I was delightfully surprised when making some changes to my Arkland website to see a recent review on your stay on TripAdvisor. Your comments are really appreciated and it is so nice to know when people enjoy their stay in Inveraray. We try hard to live up to guests' expectations. Thank you so much. Kathy
London
Reviewed 22 July 2010

A friend and I stayed one night on route from the north of Scotland to England. We found 15 Arkland by chance after trying some hotels etc which were full. We stayed on a room only basis as Kathy (the owner) was away. We had one room in the 2-bedroom 1st floor flat, and the other room was occupied by a couple. We shared with them a bathroom, kitchen/diner and a nice sitting room with a TV, DVD player, etc. There was plenty of space for everyone.
Everything was very good, better than our expectations. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. The street was very quiet. Only short-term parking is allowed directly outside the house (to unload etc.) but there is free parking nearby. The view to the back garden is nice, but there is no sea view.
Inverarary is a lovely place and looks like a good base for touring the region. The George is an impressive and busy pub/restaurant where we had a couple of drinks. We bought fish'n'chips over the road from The George - very good fish. If I go back I will try to stay in this house - it has much better facilities for a longer stay than most B&Bs etc.
The only negative for me was that I found the duvet was too warm for summer use (yes, even in Scotland) - but I have that issue in most B&Bs etc so perhaps it is just me.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
castle douglas
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Arkland is like a second home to us solely because of the quality of the flat/s. We were always made to feel welcome and this has made us go back seven years in a row. the rooms are warm and clean which goes for every room. we would strongly reccomend this self catering/ b&b. thanks

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Nairn, Highlands Scotland
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I stayed for a week on self catering basis. The bedroom was very comfortable and quiet and included a walk in shower. The lounge was great, really comfortable and there were videos and books available too. The location is good as it is right in the centre of the village and is handy for the shops, pubs etc. Kathy the landlady is also a tour guide and is a fount of knowledge on all things touristic.
What I like most was watching the birds at the bird feeders outside the kitchen window while having breakfast.
What I liked least was there are only four channels on the TV, as Inveraray has not gone digital yet.
I will definitely be back the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Torpoint
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Stayed at Arkland with Kathy at her bed and breakfast. It was clean, comfortable, cosy and we had a good nights sleep on a comfortable bed with a wonderful cooked breakfast.

We had our evening meal at The George which is a lovely hotel full of character. Our meal was fab and we really enjoyed it. After our meal we took a walk round the town and sat on the pier for a while just watching the world go by. What a wonderful place Inverary is, highly recommended.

Kathy is very friendly and accommodating, we loved Inveraray and we will beback for sure.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inveraray
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
Rudha-Na-Craige
Rudha-Na-Craige
#1 of 14 in Inveraray
No 15 Bed & Breakfast Furnace

Been to Arkland Holiday Accommodation? Share your experiences!