“GREAT place, highly recommended, scenic area”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inveraray
Arkland Holiday Accommodation
Ranked #11 of 14 Inveraray B&B and Inns
Troy, New York
“GREAT place, highly recommended, scenic area”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Comfortable, spacious, self service, home away from home. And I was lucky enough to meet Kathy the owner; very welcoming, friendly and gracious. Fast internet, laundry, fully equipped kitchen, living room space nicely furnished, books, comfortable beds, clean, quiet, very reasonable rates. Could not ask for anything more. My favorite stay in Highland B&B's and I will definitely book again next trip to the Highlands.

Room Tip: No tips, the place is great. Very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RoadWarrior47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Uphall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

**Stay here if you visit Inveraray**
We took the ground flat for self catering...lovely building and spacious yet cosy accomodation inside. Very well equipped with lots of extras. Kathy has thought of everything. Clean and very comfortable. Right in the heart of this heritage town, the house was tucked down a small lane and was so quiet and peaceful.
Lots to see and do in the area, regardless of the weather!
A wonderful holiday home.
Thank you for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Arkland has all you need...and a beautiful piano!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Elaine R
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

After cycling 90 miles in the rain I needed somewhere comfortable and relaxing to dry out and relax. Arkland was perfect; great facilities, very homely and comfortable and extremely good value. I will definitely return next time I am in this part of the highlands.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Leigh S
Comrie
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We booked both of the flats in this very attractive house. Its very nicely furnished with lovely pictures and textiles and pretty rooms. All was well for the first few days, but the landlady came in to our bedrooms when we were not in the house. We came back one evening to find a notice on the door asking us to phone her, which we did, She harangued my husband for nearly an hour, he didn't want to hang up on her but she was impossible to talk to and very angry. She was furious that our 2 Slovakian friends had left their heating on, (it was very cold for May, and there was snow on the hills and they had just come from 28 degrees) She proceeded to accuse us of many misdemeanours, including not locking the interior doors and having too many people in the flats. We were within the limits she sets in her adverts with 4 people downstairs and 6 upstairs. We treated the flats with great respect and left everything as clean and tidy as could be, but this really soured our experience in Inveraray and I would recommend that you avoid this accommodation.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank ARCHComrie
Scotkate, Owner at Arkland Holiday Accommodation, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
I am saddened to read your review which was not entirely unexpected in view of our meetings. I do not like to think that guests have had a negative experience when staying in my flats, but I consider the way you and your guests treated my flats was unreasonable.

Firstly the 1st floor flat was over-occupied for the amount quoted previously by mail. At the end of the stay I gave you an additional small bill for the extra occupancy and linen used which you refused to pay. My cleaner and I counted up the amount of linen and towels used which was certainly excessive for the occupancy declared. Initially the group organiser stated the flat would only be for herself and one other person (using the 2 bedrooms), then a second flat was booked. Despite asking you in advance repeatedly for the number of guests who would be staying in the flats there was no reply mail to this. My web site clearly states “£60 - £80 per flat per night. Please phone for a quote. The price depends on the number of people, duration of stay and the season.”

I discovered on the first floor that all the chairs had had their pads removed to be made into beds on the floor and the chair frames were stacked on top of each other in the kitchen. On top of that, a lilo and cushions from my furniture had been made into a double bed in the lounge; clothes and belongings were festooned everywhere in the lounge so that the whole area had become a camp!

On the Ground floor a heavy bed sofa had been moved from the lounge across my varnished wood floors to the sun porch to make a separate bedroom!

As an owner and landlord I have every right at all times to enter my properties and check that everything is satisfactory. Normally I do not have cause to do this, however, in the entry information for the 1st floor flat there is a clear statement that I do have entry through the 1st floor flat to my own self-contained flat above. It is strange you are concerned about this fact as you/your group deemed it fit to leave both the interior hall close main flat doors wide open and on another occasion the back door to the ground floor flat leading to a communal garden area was left open when the flats were not occupied! If I did not expect the flats to be locked I would not issue you with keys! This rendered the entire property at risk of theft - not only of your valuables but also mine, and invalidated any insurance cover. The open doors also allowed all heat to escape – a pointless waste of energy. Some heaters were on at maximum heat capacity all day long.

One of your party telephoned me one evening (I had left a note for someone to phone me regarding my concerns) and apparently the only reason they bothered to phone was because they were locked out of the flats and someone else had both sets of keys! This led to me giving instructions to find another extra key from a locked box – this box was never closed again despite my clear instructions to do so – again, all my spare emergency keys could have been taken by anybody!! On the last evening I found a foreign couple (your guests), with virtually no English and very distressed locked out of the 1st floor flat and I had to let them in.

The issues here have been:

A lack of clarity by the organisers of this group with regard to the number of people staying in the apartments.

Abuse and carelessness regarding the furniture in the flats

Failure to secure the property to comply with their own security and my insurance.

Unfortunately when discussing these matters with the organisers they failed totally to understand that their behaviour was problematic.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The location is very good, just within the town. It's easily to be arrived even if you don't have a car. The house feels like home, it's quite suitable for the holiday with friends and the family. You don't need to worry about the facility because they have everything and it's better if you can play piano. The owner is quite nice and knows everything about travel around.

Room Tip: they have twin room and standard room. You can rent a floor or a certain room according to number of...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Aberdeen
Reviewed 4 January 2013

A group of 8 of us rented both flats for Hogmanay, and had a really enjoyable break. The flats were very comfortable and the owner had left them stocked with everything you could possibly want for a comfy holiday. Plenty of plates, kitchen utensils, comfy beds and duvets, warm, good wifi, great central location just a minute walk from the local pub and shops. And lots of walks and places to visit nearby. We loved watching the birds on the feeders just outside the windows. I'd highly recommend these flats as a base for a relaxing holiday in Inveraray.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dennyloanhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Very comfortable accomodation and very well looked after by owner Kathleen.The location of Arkland is near all facilities which are minuites from the house, especially the George hotel.We will without a doubt be back. Stan & Maureen.

Room Tip: all rooms are comfortable
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inveraray
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
#1 of 14 in Inveraray
Brambles Boutique Rooms
Brambles Boutique Rooms
#3 of 14 in Inveraray

Been to Arkland Holiday Accommodation? Share your experiences!