“I always go”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Newcastle UK
“I always go”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I normally visit Inverary for a few days each year and I visit the cafe at least once during that time.It has always provided me with an enjoyable fish and chip experience.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank HowieBoldon
royalburghcafe, Owner at Royal Burgh Cafe, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Many thanks for your wonderful review. At the Royal Burgh Cafe, we strive to provide the very best quality of food and service. It is always rewarding to hear of returning visitors. Please make yourself known to us the next time you are in Inveraray.

I look forward to meeting you.

Kind Regards

Adriano Pia

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“excellant food at reasonable price”
Reviewed 6 September 2010

strongly recommended ,the pizzas are lovely the service was great and there is a genuine italian influence in the restuarant ,one tip LATIN MUSIC would polish the place off we would defo go back again

1 Thank babsmaddog7
royalburghcafe, Manager at Royal Burgh Cafe, responded to this review, 20 September 2010
Thank you very much for your review.

Due to a busy season this year, we apologise that it has taken us some time to reply to our reviews on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to hear that your experience at our resturaunt was enjoyable and we hope this will prompt another visit from you in the future.

Highlands
“Shocking”
Reviewed 25 June 2010

All we were looking for was a cup of tea and a wee cake, and they couldn't even pull that off. Our tea was cold and my scone was stale.

But it was the service that was really bad and prompted me to write this review. Not only did our order take a LOT longer than it should have to come (I mean come on, two teas and two cakes?) but the woman serving us was horrid. She was clearly stressed out, running back and forth because it was apparently "busy" (didn't look that busy to me and I work in a restaurant) but all her frantic running wasn't actually getting her anywhere! In my opinion the lay out of the cafe and their system does not work and if they changed it things would run a lot more smoothly. There seemed to be a lot of confusion mistakes being made.
But that doesn't let her have the right to be rude to her customers. I asked if I could change the jam she'd given me for my scone and you'd think the world was about to end. We couldn't stop laughing at her response because it truly was... so shocking!! Even when customers get on my nerves i'd never show it to them like that. It was really rude and she made the atmosphere of the place cold and unwelcoming.

We left as soon as we'd finished our tea - leaving most the scone behind - and will not be going back.

1 Thank GypsyRoseFee
Thank you very much for your review.

We are very sorry to learn of your bad experience at our restaurant. Management will be having a talk with the staff regarding the issues that you have brought up in your review.

We hope that you will visit us again and give us a second chance.

scotland
“Lovely italian food”
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This restaurant is situated in the heart of the town of inveraray on the main street. It is surprisingly large inside with a long, varied menu of italian and more traditional dishes such as the classic british favourite of fish and chips. We had award-worthy pizzas with every topping you could wish for available, and a lovely bottle of wine. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the food was definitely a cut above your average italian restaurant. The restaurant also includes a take-away section and we had ice-creams to take away. They were raspberry sorbet and were devinet - not as watery as your usual sorbet and had a lovely rich creamy taste to them too. This restaurant is definitely worth a visit!

1 Thank bronte75
Thank you very much for your review.

We are very pleased to hear that your experience at our restaurant was enjoyable and we hope this will prompt another visit from you in the future. All of our ice-creams are homemade on the premises, to a wide variety of tastes and our pizzas made with real Italian ingredients and baked in a traditional stone oven.

Scotland
“Fantastic Food & Friendly”
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Whilst on holiday in the West Coast of Scotland my partner and I dined at the Royal Burgh. Fantastic fresh food with very friendly service. Authentic menu and lovely setting. If you visit Inveraray, give it a go - I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

1 Thank ScotsLass5