“Tasty”

Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Inveraray
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Called in for lunch, I had a Tuna Mayo Sandwich with side salad, lots of Tuna filling, very tasty very filling too, My husband had a Prawn Sandwich again with side salad, he would have liked more prawns but said it was good and tasty.
The staff were welcoming and friendly, service with a smile. Everyone seemed to be enjoying their meals, lots of smiles. We would go again for sure and recommend it too.

1  Thank yorkshirerose1942
RBCmanagement, General Manager at Royal Burgh Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2014

Thank You for your review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your meal with us and hope you return in the future.

There are newer reviews for Royal Burgh Cafe

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Went in for tea. Couple next to us came in for tea/coffee. Lady asked for pot of tea plus pot of hot water. Had to ask waiter five times for water. Was then told there would be a charge. Couple left. Staff member said to waiter she knew couple would cause trouble the minute they came in door. She said this at the top of her voice. My daughter and I couldn't wait to leave as we were so embarrassed. She was also bad-mouthing some gentleman to another customer. Will never be in here again.

1  Thank Shona B

I am saddened by your review,
In some circumstances it its hard to get the orders right, especially when either the customer or staff member is foreign or strongly accented, We have spoken to the staff involved.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Visited this cafe just a few days ago whilst on holiday in the local area. There is poor internet connection so I couldn't check tripadvisor for reviews beforehand to find the best cafe locally so took a punt with this one.

When entering the cafe I immediately thought to myself "This is a mistake", the decor was that of a low scale diner, but I thought "No, I'll give them a chance". We got seated right next to the till, not the best place to sit as it meant we had very little privacy, when out of nowhere a member of staff appeared and just looked at us, eventually my partner asked me "What drink do you want?" (as the staff member was presumably there to ask that, but had lost his voice, or his ability to speak), we both asked for tap water when the waiter muttered something similar to "Alright". I say muttered because to be quite honest he was very incoherent.

He came back with our water, and then mumbled something else which I assume he meant "What would you like to eat?". I have a serious egg allergy and when I asked him if the antipasto meats and cheeses ciabatta had any egg in (such as in the sauces used etc.) he said "I don't know", then looked to a colleague which looked very confused but eventually said "I don't know...no, I don't think so" - I think had to ask him to go check to be sure and stated I had an allergy he then said "What to?" (I'm sat here thinking, if I'm asking if there's any egg in something, then I say I have an allergy, clearly I have an allergy to egg, is that not obvious?).

My partner ordered Tuna mayo and jacket potato, thankfully she is allergy free so she dodged this part of the challenge.

Then our foods arrived, my "antipasto meats and cheeses" turned out to be some salami and prosciutto ham on a ciabatta. I was expecting a glorious meat platter, but instead I got fatty prosciutto, salami and no cheese. I asked for cheese then he said "So you want cheese" to which I replied "Well, yeah, that was on the menu", Back comes my order with some cheap-but-cheerful orange cheddar grated. Antipasto at it's finest. The only redeeming factor was the ciabatta, my guess is that they didn't make it themselves.

My girlfriend proclaimed it was the worst tuna mayo & jacket potato she'd ever had, she described the tuna mayo as tasting watered down (Not sure how they'd manage that).

Not only that, my fine antipasto delight cost me £7.50, extortionate.

I don't know if we caught everyone on an off day and were treated to the second-worst dining experience ever, or the other reviewers are easy to please, but I personally would never recommend this place to a homeless person if they were giving out free food.

1  Thank Charlie N

There seems no point in going any deeper into this, so despite our apologies at the time you still weren't satisfied.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The inside of this restaurant is modern, clean and bright. It's missing some of the 'Historic' atmosphere that some other eateries in the town have - except for some old town photos on the walls. However, a good selection on the menu, prices are good, food very tasty - good service - and they're open later than others on weekdays which was handy. Definitely recommend!!

1  Thank Bally1959
RBCmanagement, General Manager at Royal Burgh Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in on the 24th,their was 7 of us and no complaints,friendly staff,my 13 year old son did say it was the best ice cream he has ever had lol

1  Thank Bigyin2911

Thank you for your review.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to us, Our Ice cream is made on the premises to a traditional Italian recipe and comes in a variety of flavors.
We hope you will visit again