The George Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Inveraray
See available hotels
Excellent 5/5
Loch Awe Hotel(Loch Awe)
  • Restaurant
1,357 results
All reviewsmerchants roomdouble jacuzzisunday snugfairy lightsopen firereal firefish and chipsbeer gardenloch fynelovely mealfour poster bedvenisonfantastic foodthe main hotelinveraray jailboth nightslovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Myself and my husband booked a night in the Jacuzzi suite room number 5 and whilst the room was beautiful the bed was very uncomfortable due to an enormous dent in it, moving from one side of the bed to another was like falling off a kerb the dent was so bad,whilst checking out my husband told the man at reception he hardly slept due to the bed and how sore his back was due to not sleeping as he was so uncomfortable all night, the man's reply was he would tell the head of housekeeping when they were in as the mattress maybe just needs to be turned but I doubt would help. We have stayed with you before and had a wonderful time and sleep in the standard room that only cost us £99 and on this occasion we decide to go for a suite costing us £145 for the 1 night, to pay this much and not have a comfortable bed or be able to get a decent nights sleep was very disappointing as was the response we received when this was brought to the hotels attention. Not only did we bring it to the hotels attention on checkout I was so disappointed that I emailed the hotel direct to which I had no reply, very poor service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denise M
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I have not stayed at the George Hotel but I have eaten there several times. The food is excellent with healthy sized portions . The staff are very friendly, polite and welcoming. I would heartily recommend stopping for a meal if you are in the area. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gavin M
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is the second time staying here and it is truly superb, you pay for what you get as they say. Its not cheap but if take advantage of the mid week special or Sunday snug deal it really is fantastic. In saying that go for the bigger rooms with Jacuzzi etc. Rooms are superb we had room 5. Its the old country pub look with opulent rooms and breakfast can even be served in your room for free up to 10am, This is a 10/10 place and I will be back for another romantic break asap - Thank you to all - hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: Choose the from the Master rooms up the deluxe masters are fab - you can view them online at the hotels website.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bazzaaaa123
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My partner and I went on a road trip around Scotland in April 2014 and we stayed here for one night whilst visiting Inveraray.

Parking was at the rear of the hotel, down a little alleyway and there was enough room for quite a few cars. The lady who greeted us on reception was very friendly and welcoming. The double room we stayed in was fantastic and couldn't find anything wrong with it. The place was spotless, the beds were comfy, the décor was lovely and the view was overlooking the beautiful main street that runs through Inveraray. And just to top it off, the room price was very reasonable. Basically, it was everything that you'd want from a hotel room.

We never ate any meals in the hotel so I am unable to comment on this, mainly down to the fact that the prices did seem pretty high for us, although if the food is anything like the hotel itself then it will be excellent.

To summarise; a lovely, quaint and big hotel in the centre of Inveraray with beautiful rooms and lovely staff who are only too happy to help. We will definitely stay here again should we ever revisit the town of Inveraray.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Found this place so totally commercial, the food was at best very average and this is the only compliment I can give. Very dour staff, as soon as you had eaten, you had to pay up and move away from table as they had waiting customers. I can give this place no recommendations and somewhere that I will avoid in the future

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends