“A great experience - 10 years of brilliant service!”
Review of Loch Fyne Whiskies

Loch Fyne Whiskies
Ranked #6 of 18 things to do in Inveraray
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife & I have been visiting LFW for 10 years. In that time we've never bought a bottle of scotch from anywhere else. If we can't get up there, then the mail order is a great fallback. The knowledge, friendship & fun shown by Andy, Laura & the team make a visit to LFW a fantastic buying experience. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We dropped in here while up in the Loch Fyne area - if you are into whisky and particularly single malts DO NOT MISS THIS. Andy was the man behind the counter and he knows his stuff about whisky. So make sure you can tell him what it is you like flavour and aroma wise. We were treated to 'several' samples at about 10.00.am, which if I'm truthful was no real hardship, just unexpected!
The range here in both distillery location and price is remarkable. For some of the older collectable bottles you'll need a large bank account. If you are after some rarer malt (as we were - stuff we cannot find down in OZ) then this is your place. They will ship it to you no problem.
Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful - and you can order via the web.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Don't order online from here!! $299 and 3 weeks later and my order still hasn't arrived. Not only that but i've received only one response to the numerous emails i've sent to the team. Beyond a joke, waste of time and money. Don't bother.

1  Thank Amber C
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical when I saw that a whiskey shop was one of the "Attractions" in Inveraray. With at least three stops at distilleries planned, as well as the Whiskey Experience in Edinboro, what could a "simple shop" have to add to our experience?.
I was SO wrong! It was quickly apparent after our first distillery tour that single malts were more my husband's cup of tea than mine, and I was horrified to think that we might not find the perfect bottle (or more) of Scotch to bring home!
We popped into Loch Fyne, which was right across the street from our hotel, and were immediately both in awe and at ease. They selection was amazing, and the prices were extremely reasonable. The highlight of the visit was definitely the staff- The gentleman working the shop helped us quickly figure out what wasn't working for me with the single malts, and directed us toward their own shop blend- It was delicious! Both the Whiskey and the Liquer came home with us right away, and I didn't taste anything better for the rest of the trip. It's definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

1  Thank Txtingmrdarcy
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Visited here mainly for husband William, the people in the shop very friendly also little tasters available for non driving visitors, old style back in time shopping mail order also advertised by staff, great place to shop