“Excellent, friendly service”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent, friendly service”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We popped in as my husband is a whisky man, he enjoyed the chat with the friendly and helpful staff and we purchased a lovely bottle of Loch Fyne Whisky liqueur. Quirky and interesting wee shop, don't forget to look up!!

Visited April 2014

Harrogate, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Such a waste”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The "Terrible" experiences of Dan4bears and Amber C are the complete opposite of mine... until the buy-out of LFW by The Whisky Shop in early 2013. The place used to be exemplary, a unique and entertaining offer which I enjoyed for many years. It's now typical of the The Whisky Shop brand - enthusiasts will know what that means - a tragic loss, now no more than a tourism catch-penny.

I no longer visit the shop given numerous, fruitless exchanges with the MD of The Whisky Shop so it might be that Laura and Andy still work there, in which case you'll be assured of a warm, entertaining and informed welcome but otherwise I strongly suggest don't bother.

Nearest alternative is the Green Welly Stop at Tyndrum which, despite the cheesy name, has good stock at sensible, non-tourist prices. Online you'll struggle to beat Master of Malt which is keenly priced and has taken the baton from LFW's founder, Richard Joynson for literate, irreverent commentary on the industry and its products.

Sadly nothing will change as a consequence of these negative comments. The mistaken use of "Whiskeys" instead of "Whiskies" in identifying the shop here might misdirect many Trip Advisor users, whilst The Whisky Shop themselves don't give a dram. Of course money talks and a sales drop will shout quite loudly but I suspect sufficient, largely coach-borne hoards making ad hoc, one-off, souvenir purchases at exorbitant prices will cushion the effects.

Like losing a friend.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank softvark
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loch Fyne Whiskies - Online Ordering”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Hello fellow trip advisor users.

Please be advised that if you were thinking of buying or using a Loch Fyne Whiskies GIFT VOUCHER then I urge you to reconsider.
I tried to use mine (a christmas present) whilst ordering online and despite providing all the gift voucher details Loch Fyne Whiskies failed to take this into account as part of my purchase.

Despite contacting Loch Fyne Whiskies via email on the 22 January 2014 about this issue (and several times since), the company has so far failed to rectify the problem or offer any feedback. Their complete lack of disregard for my request has made me question the integrity of the gift voucher system and the company and I feel extremely annoyed by their lack of customer service.

I have seen other similar issues mentioned on Trip Advisor that highlights issues with Loch Fyne Whiskies customer service and my own family have also had problems with their online orders.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Dan4bears
Hull
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A great experience - 10 years of brilliant service!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

My wife & I have been visiting LFW for 10 years. In that time we've never bought a bottle of scotch from anywhere else. If we can't get up there, then the mail order is a great fallback. The knowledge, friendship & fun shown by Andy, Laura & the team make a visit to LFW a fantastic buying experience. Looking forward to our next visit.

Visited December 2013
Ballarat, Australia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Malt whisky”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We dropped in here while up in the Loch Fyne area - if you are into whisky and particularly single malts DO NOT MISS THIS. Andy was the man behind the counter and he knows his stuff about whisky. So make sure you can tell him what it is you like flavour and aroma wise. We were treated to 'several' samples at about 10.00.am, which if I'm truthful was no real hardship, just unexpected!
The range here in both distillery location and price is remarkable. For some of the older collectable bottles you'll need a large bank account. If you are after some rarer malt (as we were - stuff we cannot find down in OZ) then this is your place. They will ship it to you no problem.
Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful - and you can order via the web.

Visited September 2013