“Worth a visit”
Review of Loch Fyne Whiskies

Loch Fyne Whiskies
Ranked #7 of 18 things to do in Inveraray
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good shop, very knowledgeable. Get their business card and you can buy online when you get home. Lots and lots of great whiskys at reasonable prices.

There are newer reviews for Loch Fyne Whiskies

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We popped in as my husband is a whisky man, he enjoyed the chat with the friendly and helpful staff and we purchased a lovely bottle of Loch Fyne Whisky liqueur. Quirky and interesting wee shop, don't forget to look up!!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The "Terrible" experiences of Dan4bears and Amber C are the complete opposite of mine... until the buy-out of LFW by The Whisky Shop in early 2013. The place used to be exemplary, a unique and entertaining offer which I enjoyed for many years. It's now typical of the The Whisky Shop brand - enthusiasts will know what that means - a tragic loss, now no more than a tourism catch-penny.

I no longer visit the shop given numerous, fruitless exchanges with the MD of The Whisky Shop so it might be that Laura and Andy still work there, in which case you'll be assured of a warm, entertaining and informed welcome but otherwise I strongly suggest don't bother.

Nearest alternative is the Green Welly Stop at Tyndrum which, despite the cheesy name, has good stock at sensible, non-tourist prices. Online you'll struggle to beat Master of Malt which is keenly priced and has taken the baton from LFW's founder, Richard Joynson for literate, irreverent commentary on the industry and its products.

Sadly nothing will change as a consequence of these negative comments. The mistaken use of "Whiskeys" instead of "Whiskies" in identifying the shop here might misdirect many Trip Advisor users, whilst The Whisky Shop themselves don't give a dram. Of course money talks and a sales drop will shout quite loudly but I suspect sufficient, largely coach-borne hoards making ad hoc, one-off, souvenir purchases at exorbitant prices will cushion the effects.

Like losing a friend.

2  Thank softvark
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Hello fellow trip advisor users.

Please be advised that if you were thinking of buying or using a Loch Fyne Whiskies GIFT VOUCHER then I urge you to reconsider.
I tried to use mine (a christmas present) whilst ordering online and despite providing all the gift voucher details Loch Fyne Whiskies failed to take this into account as part of my purchase.

Despite contacting Loch Fyne Whiskies via email on the 22 January 2014 about this issue (and several times since), the company has so far failed to rectify the problem or offer any feedback. Their complete lack of disregard for my request has made me question the integrity of the gift voucher system and the company and I feel extremely annoyed by their lack of customer service.

I have seen other similar issues mentioned on Trip Advisor that highlights issues with Loch Fyne Whiskies customer service and my own family have also had problems with their online orders.

3  Thank Dan4bears
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife & I have been visiting LFW for 10 years. In that time we've never bought a bottle of scotch from anywhere else. If we can't get up there, then the mail order is a great fallback. The knowledge, friendship & fun shown by Andy, Laura & the team make a visit to LFW a fantastic buying experience. Looking forward to our next visit.