“Consider Kathy!”

Kathleen Cameron, Scottish Tourist Guide
Ranked #12 of 18 things to do in Inveraray
More attraction details
Owner description: Private day or extended tours starting from Glasgow, Edinburgh and elsewhere in Scotland. I am a professionally qualified licensed driver-guide with full insurances. English and Spanish spoken. Personalised interesting itineraries created for groups up to 8. Take the road less travelled and have time to stop where you wish. All areas of Scotland covered including the islands.
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Consider Kathy!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My mother and I were torn over driving ourselves through the Highlands or just throwing in the towel and taking a tour from one of the known operators. What luck that we found Kathy, a driver- guide who was worth the cost! She has an encyclopedic knowledge of the sites and history and, even better, she patiently dealt with the single-track roads and crazy drivers while we got to enjoy the beautiful views and relax. She will do whatever route you want, but if she gently nudges you away from a packed agenda, pay attention to her. This is what she does and she knows what she's talking about. We found her to be a friend by the end of the trip and want to thank her for our journey that included Glasgow, Oban, Kilmartin Glen, Tobermory, Isle of Skye, Fort Augustus and for still getting us to our drop-off point on time. If you realize that some of the ferry schedules and other factors are beyond anyone's control, you will have a better time. Also, Kathy's love of traditional music added another very enjoyable layer to the whole journey and one that I have brought home with me.

Visited May 2013

Escondido, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dilemma Solved, Found Kathleen”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

In the Spring of 2012, I needed to travel from Inveraray to Glasgow. The bus schedule did not work with my itinerary. I inquired everywhere (including Inveraray Castle) for a recommendation or the possibility of joining a day group returning to Glasgow. Somehow I found Kathleen Cameron.
We made arrangements to meet at a specific time and place. Since I was being dropped off in Inveraray, I was a bit apprehensive...would she be there? Yes, she was! We had a quick tour of her home area, then proceeded to Luss/Loch Lomond for a short visit and onto my hotel in a timely manner.
Since then I am able to enjoy her many travels and hobbies, thanks to Facebook.
I would highly recommend Kathleen Cameron as a tour guide or as a person to contact for any information on travels in Scotland.

Visited April 2012
Vancouver, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scotland on a personal level”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I hired Kathy Cameron for a half day personal tour of Inveraray and Loch Fyne Scotland. She picked me up at my hotel promptly at our agreed time. She drove and spoke about many of the local features and architecture. Her knowledge of the surrounding communities of the loch was impressive. She also asked questions about what I was looking to see and went down some of the narrower, lees used paths to accommodate me. This is where we got to see a working, living Scotland countryside. I took some amazing photos. If you’re planning a trip to Scotland, I recommend giving Kathy a call or message and telling her what you’d like to do. She will get back to you and tell you what’s possible (we all start with a big plan to see it all), book a tour, and then go.

Visited January 2013
Scotkate, Owner at Kathleen Cameron, Scottish Tourist Guide, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
It was a pleasure, at short notice, to be able to show you around McEwan territory. I am just sorry I did not have time to research more and to be able to take you across the fields to the ruins. We were extremely fortunate with the weather - this was Argyll and Scotland at its best - cold but beautiful clear visibility - a photographer's paradise as you found out!!
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Our fantastic trip in Scotland”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We feel that Kathy Cameron was the BEST!!! She made our trip very exciting. Full of surprises and adventures. This was an experience of a life time. Thanks Kathy

Visited March 2012