“Felt like home but with a better view!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oban
Dunheanish Guest House
Ranked #1 of 93 Oban B&B and Inns
Augusta, Georgia
“Felt like home but with a better view!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

My dear friend and I stayed here for 3 nights and had such a lovely stay! William and Linda were warm and welcoming and more than helpful. Every morning William would attend to us as we enjoyed a delicious Scottish breakfast while overlooking the stunning view of Oban from the best spot in town. We equally enjoyed his insightful conversation and playful sense of humor. He was always so helpful and even was kind enough to do my laundry for me when I was in dire need!

The house itself is a real gem. It has a lot of history and I cannot see there possibly being a better view from any other place in Oban! The view from room 4 was breathtaking and I would leap out of bed in the morning to take in all the beauty.

Leaving Dunheanish felt like leaving family. It was a fantastic stay and I would highly recommend to anyone staying in Oban to stay at Dunheanish. They even emailed me a lovely and personalised Thank You after our visit. It doesn't get better than that.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kaedy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Lovely place. Views in good weather would be great , as up a very steep hill , close to McCaig's Tower. Spotlessly clean, decent power shower, four poster bed , great breakfast - 4 rashers of bacon. Friendly, helpful owner. Booked it again for business trip this month.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I love Oban and the Western Isles and have stayed at several different excellent Oban guest houses. For Hogmanay we chose the Dunheanish and this was the best one yet! William and Linda made it a very special stay thanks to their always super friendly attention to detail, the room in their beautiful house was immaculate with extraordinary sea views, the breakfasts were perfect. Highest possible recommendation.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Munkondi D
Minnesota
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The view from Dunheanish is the gem of this location. It is quite a lovely lookout over the bay. We stayed in room 5 which was small but all we needed and had the incredible view. The walk into town is steep so be sure to have your walking shoes - its much easier to get down than up at the end of the night! Its quite the maze to get to Dunheanish so be sure you have a good map - its easy to get lost. It would be great if William could post directions on the website.

Breakfast was good. We did have more gourmet options at other B&Bs across Scotland however it was everything we needed.

Room Tip: Room 5 has a great view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Virginia, Usa
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was surprised and delighted to see fresh roses in a vase on my windowsill when I entered my room at the Dunheanish Guest House. The Guest House appears to have been updated recently; my room fresh, bright and cheerful. The food next morning was wonderful.

The proprietor was very kind to let me drop off my bags before my room was ready. When I did check in, he treated me very graciously. I will be back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I loved this place. Amazing view of Oban Bay from above the city. Very short walk into the centre of town. Friendly, helpful innkeepers and the breakfast was delicious. Had a bit of trouble finding it initially on the GPS but the locals were quite helpful with directions. Restaurants suggested by the staff were good but the best meal we had was fresh seafood by the docks (can't remember the name of the place but it is right on the pier with a long natural wood table where people stand and eat).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allan D
Isle of Arran
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Even our side room had a good view, plus it was very clean and comfy, and a decent breakfast.
I chose Dunheanish for its position above the town but proximity to the 'folly' was a bonus - most way up to this lookout for our evening walk - sufficiently away from the main streets to explore the little houses but near enough to a good choice of restaurants for dinner. Dunheanish must be one of the newer Victorian houses in a well-kempt garden with a cleverly fitted-in car park; the breakfast room has a high ceiling and the harbour and islands beyond provided interest with marine traffic and changing colours. The bedroom was ensuite with all the usual facilities and comforts to a high standard of house-keeping. And all for £74!

Room Tip: Ask if the four poster is available.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple