“Fair price and good food”
Review of The Light of India - CLOSED

The Light of India
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Good sized portions, fair prices and very tasty. What more can you say, other than at all costs avoid being seated near the toilets on a sat. Eve.

Not a good choice. The owner ( guy with grey beard) and rest of staff very hospitable and food was served without too long a wait despite crowded venue. And when I say crowded remind yourself that I was sitting in the toilet for most of the evening.

Busy, bustle-y, aromatic, loo-ish.

1  Thank Paul R

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Really enjoyed the curry, I always ask for a hot Tikka Masala some restaurants say you can't have a spicy creamy curry but The Light did one Madras hot, it was so good, creamy, spicy and a nice kick of heat, I think this might well have been one of the best curries I have ever had! My Husband had the vindaloo, it was a very flavoursome well spiced curry, the lamb was extremely tender, but for both of us it could have been hotter, it was more like a Madras than a Vindaloo. The service was great, the portion size generous, the price good - if your ever in Oban definitely visit The Light of India.

1  Thank Kankan123
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Owners of the Sandvilla B&B recommended Light of India. We loved this place. Be aware: the dinner for three is more food than any three people can eat. All of it was delicious. Friends we met on the ferry to Mull and Iona joined us. They ordered two meals from the menu and were served quite a while before us. If there are six of you, order the meal for three! We took our leftovers back to our hostess at Sandvilla.

1  Thank Skippy4159
Reviewed 3 June 2014

service was good, food excellent ,local lad said vinderloo was to hot but if your a hot currie lover like me it was not to hot and loverly

1  Thank robert t
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Enjoyed our curry from here; well spiced and tasty Nans. So much food we even managed to take some home!

2  Thank kirstine2013