“Lovely style and fair prices”
Review of Inverasdale B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oban
Inverasdale B&B
Ranked #42 of 94 Oban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I spent a relatively short time at this B&B, so I am probably not in a position to comment on all its qualities. I arrived late at night after a ferry crossing, and had to catch a train at quarter past 8 in the morning.
The B&B was a quick taxi trip from the ferry terminal, for which I paid about £4 which is money well spent if you are not keen on a 20 to 30 min walk up the hill with all your luggage.

Susan was very friendly and welcoming despite the late hour. The whole house is beautifully furnished and has a calm and cosy atmosphere, quite elegant but not frilly and fussy. I had the single room which is really small, but very neat and pretty. The bed is rather narrow, but a larger one would probably not fit into the room. There is also a dresser and a spacious wardrobe. Bed linens were of very good quality and everthing in the room was spotlessly clean. The wi-fi connection worked well without any problems.

The only downside was that the private bathroom did not have a shower, just a bathtub. It does say so on the website, but some people might expect that "bathroom" automatically means shower these days. I would have liked to take a quick shower at night or in the morning but had no inclination to run myself a full bath in the tub. I would think that in a town like Oban, where many people just stay overnight before or after a ferry crossing and arrive or leave at crazy hours, a shower would be useful.
That said, the bathroom was very nice, perfectly clean and elegantly furnished.

Susan offered me an early breakfast option and was very sweet and helpful. I just had a cup of tea before I left, but that way I could appreciate the lovely little dining room which is tastefully decorated with a bit of an art deco style.

I would definitely recommend this B&B for its service and welcoming atmosphere. It is obvious that Susan puts a lot of effort into it and she is a lovely host. It is probably not the best option in Oban for a single traveller for a short overnight stay, but in any case the price is very fair.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Lykaina

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the two nights we've spent here. The rooms are really pretty, quiet and clean, the beds are confy and the shower is great.
Susan was very kind and the breakfast simply wonderful!
We'll come back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This B&B is exactly what we needed. Very warm and perfect welcoming from Susan. The twin room itself was VERY clean, and so tidy.
It had everything we needed, with very comfy beds.
The breakfast was really good as well.
Definitely a good address, that I recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Had a good overnight stay in this lovely Bed and Breakfast in Oban. The room was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean as was the private bathroom. Susan, the owner, provided a great breakfast and was very attentive throughout. Would definitely stay again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was a wonderful stay in Oban in the middle of a small island tour. We heard about the place through word of mouth and we're so glad that we did. The landlady was excellent - she was very accommodating. We were to get on a ferry early in the morning and an earlier breakfast was no problem at all. The breakfast itself was excellent. There was clearly a great deal of effort put into presentation and cooking and it was very much appreciated! The room was clean and homely. The bathroom was also clean and had a great selection of toiletries. The bed was super comfy! Wouldn't hesitate to return. Lovely!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This was a wonderful introduction to the B&B in Scotland. The landlady was warm and friendly and offered helpful hints on where to visit in the town. The room was clean and cosy with an attached bathroom which was also clean. the beds were a little firm for our taste but the décor was fresh and attractive. The breakfast was positively gourmet with tasty food beautifully presented. The only suggestion was for a handle in the shower/tub to make it safer to get out of the shower as it is was quite a drop to the floor. Overall an excellent stay at a reasonable price! The town of Oban is worth a look - absolutely charming.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

It's not often that hotels and B&B's have single rooms now although I know many people travel on their own. So, to get a comfortable single room with private bathroom and no supplement to pay is great. Susan made me very welcome and gave me fresh milk for tea making. She also does a fab breakfast. On my second morning I was catching a 7am ferry, so, she made me a lovely packed lunch instead. I would highly recommend this B&B - and not only for solo travellers. I hope to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo