“A great find”
Review of Inverasdale B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oban
Inverasdale B&B
Ranked #40 of 94 Oban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay at Inverasdale and can thoroughly recommend it for anyone wanting B&B in Oban. It is central without being in the middle of town and the river running by is very soothing at night. We could not have been made more welcome and everything was just right and the breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Our room backed onto the river and that was lovely.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed at Inverasdale several times over the last twelve months and each stay has been exceptionally good. A warm welcome - helpfulness beyond the call of duty - excellent standards - spotlessly clean - very comfortable and well equipped rooms - beautiful breakfasts with excellent presentation. I follow a vegan diet and this has presented no problem - my breakfasts have been simply stunning ( far better than many of the 'posh hotels' I have stayed in. I cannot recommend Inverasdale enough - it's just fab.

Room Tip: All rooms are great - the location of Inverasdale means all rooms are quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A lovely B&B - very welcoming and helpful hosts (Susan and her daughter). Great, clean and very comfortable room. Excellent breakfast including lovely porridge. Would definitely return.
Ignore the poor reviews for this fabulous b&b as they relate to a previous owner.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just had a really lovely stay with my family. Susan was really welcoming and made our stay a pleasure. Rooms were really spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The choices at breakfast were amazing the porridge and fruit platter was fantastic. I would definitely return and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Oban.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We spent two nights in Oban at Inverasdale, it was wonderful. Susan was warm, very friendly, and I appreciated her pointers of the area- she made our visit to the area a great one! Easy drive and not far from the picturesque and busy downtown.The ensuite twin room we had was sparkling cleand and very comfortable with soft pillows and bed, just the way I like it. Breakfast was beautifully presented and quite delicious, I had scrambled eggs that were prepared with style! I hope to return one day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I spent a relatively short time at this B&B, so I am probably not in a position to comment on all its qualities. I arrived late at night after a ferry crossing, and had to catch a train at quarter past 8 in the morning.
The B&B was a quick taxi trip from the ferry terminal, for which I paid about £4 which is money well spent if you are not keen on a 20 to 30 min walk up the hill with all your luggage.

Susan was very friendly and welcoming despite the late hour. The whole house is beautifully furnished and has a calm and cosy atmosphere, quite elegant but not frilly and fussy. I had the single room which is really small, but very neat and pretty. The bed is rather narrow, but a larger one would probably not fit into the room. There is also a dresser and a spacious wardrobe. Bed linens were of very good quality and everthing in the room was spotlessly clean. The wi-fi connection worked well without any problems.

The only downside was that the private bathroom did not have a shower, just a bathtub. It does say so on the website, but some people might expect that "bathroom" automatically means shower these days. I would have liked to take a quick shower at night or in the morning but had no inclination to run myself a full bath in the tub. I would think that in a town like Oban, where many people just stay overnight before or after a ferry crossing and arrive or leave at crazy hours, a shower would be useful.
That said, the bathroom was very nice, perfectly clean and elegantly furnished.

Susan offered me an early breakfast option and was very sweet and helpful. I just had a cup of tea before I left, but that way I could appreciate the lovely little dining room which is tastefully decorated with a bit of an art deco style.

I would definitely recommend this B&B for its service and welcoming atmosphere. It is obvious that Susan puts a lot of effort into it and she is a lovely host. It is probably not the best option in Oban for a single traveller for a short overnight stay, but in any case the price is very fair.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Lykaina
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the two nights we've spent here. The rooms are really pretty, quiet and clean, the beds are confy and the shower is great.
Susan was very kind and the breakfast simply wonderful!
We'll come back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2013