All reviewsl occitanenespresso machinel'occitane toiletriesbluetooth speakerbose sound systemstation hotelyoga matrecently refurbished hotellovely hotelfew issuesferry terminallarge bedroomno air conditioningperfect locationharbour frontwatch the worldwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

When my husband booked this hotel for our family holiday I didn’t really pay attention because I totally trusted him. I didn’t know anything about the hotel neither did I look on the website. When we walked in the door my jaw just dropped. This is how amazing it was! Big airy well designed room and a huge bathroom with a shower and a free standing bath tub. Two extra beds were already prepared for our boys which was very thoughtful as we arrived in the evening after a long journey.

We didn’t really use a Nespresso machine or watched TV as we were out most of the day. The highlight of the room we stayed in was a huge bay window with a beautiful view of the harbour. On the weekend the noise outside the window became a little bit more obvious (from the party goers) but it wasn’t too bad at all.

I thought that the nice touches were L’Occitane toiletries, heated mirrors in the bathroom, a yoga mat and the diffusers in the corridors of the hotel that gave a nice subtle scent. And the carpets just brought the noise level to zero.

Breakfast was included in the price and you’d have to choose from the menu. There was also a buffet with fruit and berries, pastry and juices.
The hotel is ideally located. A lot of restaurants are a few minutes away and the ferry terminal is literally across the road. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and helpful. After all it’s people who make all the difference and make you feel welcome.

We did think that the heating system was not done properly. The only radiator in the room was completely covered with heavy curtains (when they were drawn for the night which we had to do as the room was facing the road as well) that completely trapped it inside. We had to pull the bottom part of the curtains up a bit and put them on the window ledge to allow heat to warm up the room. The management promised to address this problem in the nearest future which I hope they’ll do. It was cold enough outside so heating was essential. I’m only giving four stars because of that.

Overall impression was very good. It’s definitely a hotel to consider for your stay in Oban.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Yuliya D
Perle_Oban, Front Office Manager at Perle Oban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Yuliya D,

Many thanks for your recent review of your stay at Perle Oban Hotel. As guest satisfaction is highly important to us it is wonderful to read that you had such a pleasant visit. The added extra touches for the rooms and food choices available in our restaurant 1882 for both breakfast and evening meals, were all carefully thought out to in order to provide the most comfortable and relaxing experience possible for all our guests. We are indeed fortunate in our location which provides excellent access to local transport links and town amenities. Extra investment is indeed currently being made into improving the heating system for the hotel thereby providing an even more comfortable stay for our visitors.
We hope you will be able to return to Oban in the future and that you will choose to stay with us once again.
Perle Oban team.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Other reviews mentioned small rooms, enough to wonder I find it is "policy" for singe travellers? Despite booking a double, for single occupancy I was disappointed when I was given a shoebox with a small double jammed up against the wall. I queried it and it was indeed a single and ther was no problem changing it when I pointed out that I had booked a double. I had the overpowered first impression of both rooms that they were tired, but the hotel had been refurbished earlier this year. The dark grey furniture sucks the life out of the rooms, I can see someone looking at a colour sample thinking "oyster" or "pearl grey", but my impression was "battleship". Stayed for two nights, didn't bother with cooked breakfast on the second day, the first one was disappointing. As mentioned by others, the bacon had that white scum on it that my butcher tells me is typical of cheap bacon that has added water, and the French toast needed cooking a bit longer. Bar staff were friendly but not very knowledgeable - given the gin popularity at the moment I'd have expected a bit more of a discussion when I asked for a Scottish Gin recommendation than "whatever you fancy". Training required? All in, not blowing my socks off but I've yet to have that happen in any Oban hotel.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank littleltl
Reviewed 2 December 2017

The staff were friendly and welcoming when we planned a last minute trip to Oban, and they even gave us a free upgrade on our room. They also gave us information on what we could do in the local area.

The room was spotless and contained a Bose sound system and a Nespresso coffee machine. There were also L’Occitane toiletries in the bathroom which was a lovely touch. The room was quite cosy and we had a stunning view of the harbour.

Amazing selection for breakfast, including strawberries, blueberries, a selection of pastries and smoothies. They even provided us with vegetarian sausages and vegetarian haggis. The breakfast room was quite chilly, even with heaters on.

We didn't eat at the restaurant, as on the evening menu the only vegetarian option we could see was mushroom risotto.

Overall, a very pleasant stay which was made better by the friendly staff and we'd definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Perle_Oban, Front Office Manager at Perle Oban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear Sarah M,

Thank you for having taken the time to write your review of your recent stay.
Guest satisfaction is a high priority for all of us at Perle Oban so it is very good to read that the facilities, added extra touches and staff care are all achieving this high standard of hospitality.
Great thought was put into the selection of the menus for our restaurant 1882, for both breakfast and evening meals, and our chefs endeavour to prepare every dish to the highest standard. We aim to cater for all tastes and dietary requirements and are pleased to be able to adapt accordingly when alternatives are requested.
Many apologies that your breakfast was hampered by the cold. As you may already know Perle Oban is one of the oldest buildings in Oban and is protected by listing under Heritage status. Following the large investment in its refurbishment prior to opening in the beginning of the summer we are now in the process of adding extra heating to this room after discovering the impact the inclement winter weather has had on the current heating system.
We hope you will indeed come and stay with us again in the future and look forward to being part of another lovely getaway experience for you.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely room, fancy soaps (always a plus!) and fabulous shower! We were only there for a night but Rowan at the front desk was so helpful with suggestions of things to do around the city! Thanks again Rowan!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Trystan Y,

Many thanks for your recent review of your stay at Perle Oban. The comfort of our guests is of high importance to us and it is good to hear that the design features, facilities and added extra touches are achieving the high standard to which we hold ourselves.
Thank you for your kind words about our receptionist Rowan. Our staff endeavour to provide as much service, help and knowledge as possible so it is nice to read this has indeed been your experience.

with Kind regards

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

My partner and I had a wonderful long weekend in Oban. The Perle Oban Hotel is absolutely fabulous in every way, our room provided a fantastic view overlooking the bay and the facilities were 1st class. The hotel is ideally situated in the centre of town and close to all Oban has to offer. The in house coffee shop and bar is delightful and very relaxing but above all the staff were extremely helpful and welcoming which made our stay extra special.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear PCSkytraveller,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review. We very much appreciate your thoughtful words and are pleased to know that you had such an enjoyable stay.
We hope that you will be able to book with us again in the future and that your return visit will be just as lovely as the first time.