“Top Banana”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oban
Kathmore Guest House
Ranked #9 of 94 Oban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Spent two nights in the Kathmore at the beginning of Oct 13. You will be hard pressed to find a better B&B in this corner of Scotland. Cleanliness, sleep quality, breakfast, hosts, parking, surrounding area, all A+++. Highly Recommend to anyone.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
wkathmore, Owner at Kathmore Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hello folks,
I loved your " Top Banana" it made me laugh. Thank you for your lovely comments and for taking the time to do it for us. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us just as much as we enjoyed meeting you. I love my job, I love what I do, I love it when my guests have had a good time. That is the most important thing to me.
Morven & Keith

Reviewed 22 October 2013

quiet location but an easy walk into shops and pubs only took ten minutes. plenty off road parking spaces and flat hard parking for motorbikes very friendly and helpful host. Clean and comfortable room with tea/coffee and biscuits. Good breakfast with plenty choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank AnitaFife
wkathmore, Owner at Kathmore Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Hello Folks,
Thank you so much for your great review. We really do appreciate you took the time to do this for us. Trip advisor really does help a small business so it is nice when people take the time to write a review.
Thank you.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

A friend and I we at the Kathmore Guest House at the end of September. Morven was very helpful. Beds were great and the electric shower had plenty of hot water once this Yankee learned to operate it. She give walking directions to a great eating place on the bay. Breakfast was a full Scottish cooked to order breakfast, It was delicious. Tea and coffee were in your room. Since it was the off season she us leave our car at the guesthouse while we went to Mull and Iona. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you come back again. It is no problem to me to help people out by letting them leave their car in my car park. We have a great car park that we are able to do this for our guests.
All the best to you.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We loved having the assortment of tea and snacks in our room. The location is near the end of town and is quiet so we had no trouble sleeping in our comfy beds. The very friendly staff helped us with all our requests. Also the B&B is very close to car rental locations and food market. The walk into town only takes 10 minutes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
wkathmore, Owner at Kathmore Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hello Folks,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I really do appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. Always makes me happy when our guests have enjoyed their stay. Hope you enjoyed Scotland and that you will return one day.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I booked a last minute stay at Kathmore House. We had originally booked a double occupancy room but when we turned up the elderly couple who had spent the past few days in our reserved room decided to spend an extra night. My husband and I ended up in a twin room instead. We're pretty easy going so we didn't mind and the owner was more than happy to help us find another place to stay if we wanted but we decided to use the twin room instead. The rooms were tidy and clean, the bathroom had a luxury bathtub which was nice and breakfast the following morning was hearty and filling. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the car park, and was amenable to a good night's sleep
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
wkathmore, Owner at Kathmore Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Hi both,
I know I was embarrassed with this. Normally I would have changed them into another room and honoured your booking but they were old and he was full of arthritis, could not do stairs. The room you booked is the only ground floor room I have. That is why I kept the only room I had left room 7 twin en suite with corner bath / shower. If you were not happy I would have got you somewhere else no problem. You were very understanding and saved yourself £5. Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review and being lovely people. Hope you come back to Kathmore.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We visited Kathmore for the second time in early October before getting the very choppy ferry to Lochboisdale. Morven gave us a warm welcome and once again we had a wonderful stay; definitely our place to stay in Oban. Thank you Morven!

• Stayed: October 2013
wkathmore, Owner at Kathmore Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hi Colin & Kate,
Thank you for your lovely review I was not expecting it. It was lovely to see you both again. Oh, was it a bit wild going over, poor you. Hope you got some of this great weather we have been having this past week while on holiday. The sunsets have been amazing. Look forward to seeing you both again.
Cheers
Morven. xx

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Friendly lady staff, the triple room was comfortable and clean. Towel sets were in 3 different colors so guest avoid mixed ups. Very thoughtful I felt. There was a common lounge room for relaxation, dining and drinking. 10-15 mins walk into town.

• Stayed: September 2013
wkathmore, Owner at Kathmore Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Hi Folks,
Thank you for your great review. Guests reviews really do help, so thank you. Glad you enjoyed your stay at wee Kathmore. Come back and see us one day.