“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Woodside Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oban
The Woodside Hotel
Ranked #78 of 99 Oban B&B and Inns
glasgow
“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I spent a couple of nights in here while in Oban working.
The room although basic had all that i needed and was very clean
and fresh with an excellent shower.there is a noisy bar,but i was in
no way disturbed by any noise.
The Creel bar was excellent for a few drinks,the bar staff Rebecca
and Barbara make everyone feel very welcome.
Breakfast was cooked to order and provided an excellent start to the
day,my only complaint was no black pudding ;-)))
Will stay again when in the area

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Frankfurt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed in the family room for one night during a family road-trip vacation through Scotland. It had a double bed plus a set of bunk-beds in the room, sleeping a total of 4. The room was very small, so there wasn't much room to move around or to place luggage. However, it appeared to have been updated somewhat recently and was clean. The hotel provides no parking, but there was street parking available, along with a pay parking lot half a block away. It was conveniently located close to the waterfront area, near many shops and restaurants. The included breakfast was nice- with an array of continental breakfast items available at the bar, along with a fresh full-English breakfast. The food was pretty good quality- much better than the kind of breakfast you get at a chain hotel like Holiday Inn Express. The hotel also had free WiFi, which was great as it was the only hotel that offered free WiFi during our 5-day trip to Scotland. The beds were very comfortable, which was a nice change from the cheap Travelodge beds we had slept on the previous nights. I thought the price was a little steep- 80 pounds for one night, but we booked last-minute, so there were not many options available at that point. I noticed on their registration book that most others staying there were paying nearly half of what we paid, although those were probably for rooms with fewer beds. However, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ACW30
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

The Woodside is a little off the front but well worth looking for. Room was lovely and everyone is so friendly. A good choice of food, tasty and well presented. Great outdoor space too to enjoy a drink which is not always easy to find in Oban. Readers of older negative reviews should note that the Woodside is under new management and is a changed place from what it may have been a year or two ago. We loved it

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Cracking place, allowed me to park my motorcycle in the beer garden for peace of mind. Room although smallish (was a single room though) was lovely and clean with TV, hairdryer and toiletries. Really friendly staff and an awesome breakfast to soak up some of the beer from the previous night ;) Next time I am bringing some of my biking buddies to Oban and will definitely stay here, there was some negative reviews of this place in the past but that was before the new owners took over.

Thanks for a lovely Stay :)

Cliff

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights over Easter weekend. We booked very last minute after struggling to get any realistically priced accomodation in Oban. Some "hotels" in Oban really are having a laugh. I have visited Oban every year since 1978 and last stayed in the Woodside 25yrs ago.
The rooms are very clean with lovely bedding and very comfy beds. Lovely breakfast served in the very nice new bar extension . This hotel is very good value for money and is just around the corner from the main street. The only negative is that the small but very popular pub can be a bit noisy. We didnt eat in the new Creel bar but the menu looked good and reasonably priced with a kids menu. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Having just recently been travelling through Oban and without accommodation I stumbled across The Woodside Hotel. It had only just re-opened the day before under new owners. I found the place extremely warm and inviting, a very pleasant gentleman greeted us and could not have been nicer in organising a room at such short notice. Our visit was un-expected due to my work but it was very worthwhile. Our room was immacculate, spacious and very clean. It was clear that a lot of work had gone into getting the room just right. There was a small bar in which my wife and I ended up staying in the whole night. The banter was fantastic with very good staff to match. I work in hospitality myself and I wouldn't mind getting the staffs numbers!! LOL. Our night was peaceful in our comfortable room and bed and our stay was rounded off by a brilliant breakfast served by the owner Mary. She spoke to us as if we had known each other for years. I have already booked to return for a longer stay next month and I only wish that all hotels I end up in are as top dollar as this one. Many thanks guys, best wishes and see you again soon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris Y
tartenterror3, Owner at The Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Can I say how much a pleasure it was reading your review, we have had a mountain to climb to get the hotel to where it is now and your comments make both myself and my wife and especially our wonderful staff feel all the hard work and Refurbishment is paying dividends. Thank you so much

Allan and Mary Mckie
France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Great place for a wee break - it had just re-opened under new managment the day we arrived we were met by a friendly gentleman( I think it was the new owner) at the reception & explained they were just re-opening that day. We checkin for 1 night & ended up staying 3 nights. Our room was very clean & comfortable & serviced each day to a high standard. The staff were friendly we had a few drinks in the snug bar great selection of malt whiskies the young man behind the bar was very pleasant. A good Scottish breakfast was served each day by Mary who was helpful & able to recommend different places to visit.There was good parking beside the hotel with an easy walk to the shops & sea front. I would definitely recommend the Woodside Hotel to others we have already booked for our return visit & experience there new beer garden & scottish bar.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank David M
Thank you so much for your kind words, we have spent a lot of time and money in getting The Woodside Hotel to where we want it, We have refurbished both our bar and all Bedrooms and for you to respond the way you have makes us feel as if all our (and I mean all my superb Staff in that also) work is starting to pay dividends. Once again thank you