“One of the best Indian restaurants you'll eat in” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 92 Restaurants in Oban
Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxford, United Kingdom
“One of the best Indian restaurants you'll eat in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Late on a wet Thursday night in Oban we were recommended this restaurant by our hotel, and what a joy it turned out to be. Despite being (as other reviewers have pointed out) a small and simply furnished place, with no alcohol licence, it has recently won the North West Scotland Curry House Award, and one mouthful of the food will tell you why. We have eaten curries all over the country - and in India - and this is simply one of the best. We had the Chicken Shaslik and a Chicken Passanda, which were both brilliant, as were all the accompaniments - including I think the best Bombay Aloo I've ever had, and a really fresh and crisp Stuffed Paratha. The owner is from Bangladesh (so some of the dishes reflect that), and couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. If you're in Oban, and like curry, you have to go!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank LetsgoUnitedKingdom

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Food....as good as any Indian you will experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Myself and my partner ate at Coriander tonight. Take absolutely no notice of the last review stating that this place was 'awful'..?? I can't believe that at all..!!

We are both 'curry lovers' and living in Glasgow amongst some of the finest Indian restaurants in the country we like to think we know what we are talking about..!!

Coriander is a very simple place to the point that it's like eating in someone's living room. There are only 4 tables but that's what makes this place all the more quaint and intimate without it being uncomfortable.

I had the chicken Shaslik and my partner had the chicken tikka from the tandoori section. The chicken was to die for, so tender and tasty and I have to say the chicken tikka was probably the best chicken tikka I've ever tasted..!!Good portion sizes and very tasty food all round.

Another plus is that you can bring your own alcohol with no corkage charged which is great.

The customer service was good with very friendly hosts and recommendations to boot..!!

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone that appreciates great food in a very simple, relaxed environment. If it's the Ritz you're looking for in terms of decor and panash then this is not the place for you.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank ActiveGlasgowBoy
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I read the reviews of the restaurant on here and I must admit, everyone must have been drunk when they read it! It is tiny restaurant which cannot cope. No atmosphere whatsoever, food quality was horrible with the chicken being boiled for ages and came out soft and stringy! I couldn't eat any of it! Safe to say, I will not be back and not recommend this to anyone!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank AMB521
Co'Path
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We visited this Indian restaurant whilst on a 2 day trip to Oban. It is only a 10 minute walk from centre of town and not in as prominent a position as othe other Indians in Oban. We had the lamb Chat Purée, mixed kebabs for starters and they were a meal in themselves. The better half was going to have a chicken kebab main meal till the waiter recommended the chicken shaslik which turned out to be superb. I had the chicken pathia and was blown away by the flavour - hot and sour, just as it's meant to be cooked. Healthy portions and as previously mentioned, it is BYOB with no corkage. Very popular with the locals going by the number of carry outs whilst we were there. I would highly recommend this restaurant to Indian food connoisseurs.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank shaggyboy
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and i visited the Coriander Restaurant for a sit down meal last weekend. We had a Chatt Puree Lamb starter which was really nice and a very nice flavour. The meat for both the starter and the two mains was very well cooked, soft and not chewy. The main courses were very distinct in their flavour and very tasty and talking with the owner it appears that he is very keen to make the recipes distinctive and I'm sure in time new recipes will be explored. The menus could do with being updated with a description of the meals though as we did have to ask to get a couple of things explained.

The venue is small but there is enough space to enjoy sitting in. The service was good. Most members of staff seem to get invovled and are on hand to help out and offer a service with a smile and a bit of banter. It was nice to talk with the owner for a bit too at the end of the meal.

• Visited February 2014