“Best curry I've ever had! ”

Coriander Indian Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 96 Restaurants in Oban
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Everything about this wonderful little place made me smile from ear to ear. Friendly welcome, intimate atmosphere, great menu and the best Indian food I've ever tasted. Can't say better than that!

3  Thank UncleFreddysDead

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I had the most exquisite meal here. We love Indian food and this is by far the best Indian meal we have ever had. The food is mouth watering, the prices are so reasonable. I will definitely visit the restaurant the next time I am in Oban.

3  Thank Alison A
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Tried this restaurant as a takeaway whilst in the Oban area, after reading review here. Put in a large order for 7 people - 7 starters, 7 main, 7 rice and couple of naans. Good value at just under £70.00 and told will be 30-40mins, so walked to harbour and sampled a pint of Weatherspoon's finest on the harbour side to while away the time. After 45mins walked back to restaurant and waited further 10 mins.
Restaurant is very small with only 4 tables and quite dark so if eating here would book a table in advance. Can't comment on table service as did not eat in, but owner/manager at front of house very pleasant offered a drink on the house whilst I waited (did not take up as had one in Weatherspoon's) and apologetic for wait as cook each dish fresh.
When arrived at accommodation with meal, all items were present and still piping hot, even threw in a few poppadoms and pickles free. Everyone commented on how flavoursome the meals were and plenty of meat. Lamb and chicken were cooked so well, they melted in your mouth and lamb was very tender and no hint of fat. Meals weren't over flavoured with chilli as many takeaways do, so the hotness was just a little less than have found at other takeaways but never overpowering. This meant all the other spices and herbs could be tasted.
I would give this a 10/10 and we went back a second time during the same week and it was just as good, with empty plates all round. I would recommend this restaurant/takeaway to anyone in the Oban area.

1  Thank ianbritair
Reviewed 24 June 2014

During our stay in Oban we had two takeaways from this restaurant, one of which was delivered to our lodge a few miles south of Oban, at a reasonable charge. The choice of meals was excellent and the quality of the food was very good. We have an Indian meal at least once a week and found this takeaway one of the best we've had. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. We had the madras, passanda and patia which were all excellent, as well as the naan breads. We would recommend to anyone travelling or staying in Oban.

2  Thank elerinant
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Late on a wet Thursday night in Oban we were recommended this restaurant by our hotel, and what a joy it turned out to be. Despite being (as other reviewers have pointed out) a small and simply furnished place, with no alcohol licence, it has recently won the North West Scotland Curry House Award, and one mouthful of the food will tell you why. We have eaten curries all over the country - and in India - and this is simply one of the best. We had the Chicken Shaslik and a Chicken Passanda, which were both brilliant, as were all the accompaniments - including I think the best Bombay Aloo I've ever had, and a really fresh and crisp Stuffed Paratha. The owner is from Bangladesh (so some of the dishes reflect that), and couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. If you're in Oban, and like curry, you have to go!

3  Thank LetsgoUnitedKingdom