“Excellent - great food, but no seaview.”
Review of Room 9 - CLOSED

Room 9
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Our advice: have a walk up and down the promenade, take in the sea views and get it out of your system, then go to Room9 for a quality meal.

Our 3 course meal for 2 with a bottle of wine and a whiskey cost £60. Would've been cheaper (3 courses for £15) if you get in before 7pm and accept a restricted menu.

Food was excellent, but sadly we were 1 of 2 couples who dined there all evening. Our waitress said that 2 large bookings had failed to turn up which was a real shame based on the quality of our meal. The location is a bit off the beaten track (up a small street near the seafront, but unfortunately not ON the seafront - so no view, let alone a sea-view) which could be the restaurant's ultimate downfall as their are many other acceptable restaurants with good views of
the bay and islands. I've seen the sea before, so it was a minor compromise.... Also a very small but roomy restaurant - we couldn't help thinking that they could pack a few more tables in there too. The quality of the food would more than make up for the lack of space.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

me and myfriends had a supper there days ago,couses are good but it take you very long time to wait for it. anyway a good place!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Had a night in Oban on the way back from travelling around Scotland after a family wedding. We were looking for somewhere to eat and stumbled across this Scottish Gem in Oban. We were greeted by 2 smiling and chatty waitresses , one of which told us that she had not long started there. The restaurant has a great ambience, the wine was reasonably priced and very well received after a long day on the road. I had halibut and my wife had duck, both were flavoursome, fresh and tasty. When we entered the restaurant there was only 4 people dining, when we left the restaurant was full. I popped down and thanked the chef. If I ever go back to Oban I will definitely visit room 9 - that is if I can book a table!!!!!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

A nice little restaurant and a good place to eat on the way back from climbing McCaigs Tower. The restaurant is tucked away up a side street away from the sea front. Although the menu was a little limited, the food was of a good quality. The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed a good night. I would like to rate this restaurant as 'good' unfortunately 3 stars only rates a place as average and 4 stars is very good and this restaurant falls somewhere between the two.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Room 9 is very small, seating only 28 people. Book in advance if you want to eat here as we saw several groups turned away while we ate. The decor looks a little on the cheap side but don't be put off by this.

The food is really good quality, mostly traditional Scottish food. I had an excellent steak pie, my girlfriend really enjoyed the pork loin wrapped in pancetta. Sticky toffee pudding was also delicious.

Value is pretty good as well - it cost me £120 for four people, and that was 3 courses and a tip as well.

Highly recommended!