“Best fish supper in town”

Oban Fish and Chip Shop
Ranked #5 of 96 Restaurants in Oban
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Seafood Restaurant And Take-away Offering A Wide Variety Of Local Sustainable Fish And Shellfish As Well As Traditional Meals.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Went here on wet highland day after ferry from Isle of Harris and long slow and wet drve from Skye. Simple warm welcoming and friendly. Fish supper special was brilliamt deal. Full hit tea and bread and butter included for a tenner. Fish freshly cooked excellent chips. Came out feeling very happy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

After waiting 15 mins for a table, it's a popular place, we say down to a fabulous meal ordered from their specials board . The Indian style cod curry was awesome and my wife's squat lobster tails done popcorn style were a revelation. It's a BYO establishment as well so we took a couple of bottles of nice white wine which they kindly kept chilled for us. If you are in Oban you must try this place out

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We visit this Fish & Chip shop on a regular basis and we have never been disappointed. The staff are brilliant and make you feel right at home with their friendly and welcoming, yet sincere hospitality. You can really taste the freshness in the food and the flavour is second to none. I have loved every meal I have tried, as have the many visitors we've hosted here. It's been our favourite since we moved to the area and I'm sure it will remain that way.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Oban Fish and Chips Shop on George Street in Oban should not be confused with the Oban Bay Fish and Chips restaurant near the harbor. The Oban Fish and Chips Shop is a small restaurant, with take out service also. But the meals are worth the wait for a table. There are non-fish items on the menu. My wife had trout and it was the whole fish minus the head. My large Fish and Chips (why not) was a very filling dinner. I'd definitely go back if I were in Oban again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The service was good and the food was presented well. I would have preferred more options without chips but it is what it says!