“unexpected find”

Ranked #35 of 94 Restaurants in Oban
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Friendly Coffee Shop with busy Patisserie and Takeaway food counters fresh cream cakes and freshly baked bread and scones daily .
Preston, United Kingdom
“unexpected find”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

we were visiting the local Tesco to get supplies for our journey back home the next day and found Bossards. As it was lunch time and raining, we decided to have lunch there. It is only small with a counter for take out sales as well making it very busy. it was very crowded but we managed to get a table. yes, service was a bit slow but you could see that the two young people taking and serving orders were at full stretch so we did not mind waiting. and it was certainly worth the wait. I had the soup which was excellent and served with freshly made bread. my husband had a sandwich which was large and tasty. all in all it was worth the wait and we were very happy with our lunch.

• Visited July 2014
owner2-12, Owner at Bossards Patisserie, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thankyou for your review we are very happy you enjoyed your lunch with us we try very hard to serve our customers as quick as possible sometimes when we are extremely busy a small wait is unavoidable we are aware of this and are trying hard to improve look forward to you visiting our coffee shop again.

Inveraray, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have enjoyed Bossards food very much I have had the raspberry cheesecake, chicken caesar salad,and tuna niscoise. My husband has enjoyed his meals also there. The service has been really good there excellent in fact. The only thing I can think of is when I finished my meal I was waiting for my dessert to arrive and I waited 20 minutes but in the end I had to go over and ask for it and when I got home I realised I'd ended up paying for to desserts instead of one.

• Visited June 2014
owner2-12, Owner at Bossards Patisserie, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thankyou for your review Sarahn30 we are delighted that you enjoyed your lunch with us and you felt the service was excellent we are very busy in our small coffee shop and sometimes we are a bit hectic we are sorry you paid twice for your raspberry cheesecake ,please come and visit us when you are next in Oban and I will happily give you some cheesecake free of charge.
Lochgilphead, United Kingdom
“Appalling service again”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Popped in today for coffee and cake with two friends. Cake and coffee good but service terrible.
The waitress took several attempts to understand our simple order, four different items arrived on the table at random times, my glass of tap water never arrived. When trying to pay before leaving it was clearly just too much trouble for the staff at the till.
This was Bossards "second chance" I'd been in about 6 months ago with my husband where we had been the only customers first thing in the morning, and were completely ignored by staff for 15mins. Thought it was time to give them another try... Won't be going back to eat in, nice cake but don't need the attitude.

• Visited June 2014
owner2-12, Owner at Bossards Patisserie, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your review . I am sorry your visit to Bossards was not enjoyable.
we do indeed have a young lady from abroad whom has been with us for 3 weeks however her English is good for some one new to our country we do try to support people from abroad and we have never had a complaint about this kind of problem before
I understand from your review that their was 3 of you for coffee and cakes this would have required 3 visits minimum to your table as we do not use trays .
I apoligies that you did not get your water, during the lunchtime period we are very busy and I am sure this was an oversight but I am happy you enjoyed your coffee and cakes
. The counter staff serve the Bakery, the outside tables and the carryout counter, queing is sometimes unavoidable and most people understand this .
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect lunch”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

EVerything was freshly made, tasty, the cafe was clean and not too expensive, would have eaten dinner here as well if it was open late enough

Visited May 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Quality Food”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Arrived off a ferry from Islay and visited this Patisserie. My wife and I always eat here, while in Oban. The quality of the food and cakes is 1st class. Prices very reasonable. Give it a try.

• Visited April 2014