“Brilliant Patisserie and one of my most favoured choices in Oban”

Bossards Patisserie
Ranked #36 of 94 Restaurants in Oban
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Friendly Coffee Shop with busy Patisserie and Takeaway food counters fresh cream cakes and freshly baked bread and scones daily .
Newport
“Brilliant Patisserie and one of my most favoured choices in Oban”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have lived locally to Oban for the last 18 months and work in Oban. Bossards is one of my most favoured choices for lunch on a day off when I am looking for some 'chill' time. The food is of an excellent standard and good value. Demi baguettes, soup and bakery or sweet items can't be faulted. Staff are always friendly, polite and helpful. Bossards is somewhere I visit on a regular basis and would reccomend to anyone. It is busy, particularly in the summer months but that is the sign of any good establishment. The staff cope well and deal politely with the large numbers of people they serve.

• Visited August 2014

Perth, Australia
“Best scones in the world”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were looking for a grocery store in Oban on foot during a bleak cold rainy day... Gave up and went in here. We had the best most lovely presented scones we have even eaten. The service was great and the staff just lovely. It was the the silver lining on a rather dull trip to Oban

• Visited July 2014
“Best jam doughnut in the world”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Visit here quite often. All the food and cakes look amazing but the jam doughnuts are the best I have ever had.
Highly recommend visiting here for lunch and cakes

Preston, United Kingdom
“unexpected find”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

we were visiting the local Tesco to get supplies for our journey back home the next day and found Bossards. As it was lunch time and raining, we decided to have lunch there. It is only small with a counter for take out sales as well making it very busy. it was very crowded but we managed to get a table. yes, service was a bit slow but you could see that the two young people taking and serving orders were at full stretch so we did not mind waiting. and it was certainly worth the wait. I had the soup which was excellent and served with freshly made bread. my husband had a sandwich which was large and tasty. all in all it was worth the wait and we were very happy with our lunch.

• Visited July 2014
owner2-12, Owner at Bossards Patisserie, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thankyou for your review we are very happy you enjoyed your lunch with us we try very hard to serve our customers as quick as possible sometimes when we are extremely busy a small wait is unavoidable we are aware of this and are trying hard to improve look forward to you visiting our coffee shop again.
Inveraray, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have enjoyed Bossards food very much I have had the raspberry cheesecake, chicken caesar salad,and tuna niscoise. My husband has enjoyed his meals also there. The service has been really good there excellent in fact. The only thing I can think of is when I finished my meal I was waiting for my dessert to arrive and I waited 20 minutes but in the end I had to go over and ask for it and when I got home I realised I'd ended up paying for to desserts instead of one.

• Visited June 2014
owner2-12, Owner at Bossards Patisserie, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thankyou for your review Sarahn30 we are delighted that you enjoyed your lunch with us and you felt the service was excellent we are very busy in our small coffee shop and sometimes we are a bit hectic we are sorry you paid twice for your raspberry cheesecake ,please come and visit us when you are next in Oban and I will happily give you some cheesecake free of charge.