“Country House Hotel Restaurant.”

Manor House Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 96 Restaurants in Oban
Price range: US$21 - US$55
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our complete dinner menu changes daily. You are assured of an excellent choice of fine dishes featuring local meats. Seafood and produce. While the menu is presented as a 5 course prix fixe, if your appetite is less, each course is offered a la carte.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Good food. Traditional with a modern twist.
I would like to stay here in the summer.
Prices are as one would expect for a place of this quality

1  Thank juantwothreefour

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here for two nights in February on a dinner, bed and breakfast board. The food was delicious, the service impeccable, the views breathtaking and the room very comfortable with little extras that make your stay that bit better. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank LAClark82
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Selected soup as a starter. Obviously a lot of other folk had done as well & it tasted rather watery. If that was the normal texture of their soup, then I'd advise you to avoid it. It certainly wouldn't put 'hairs on your chest' as they say. Pretty tasteless too, despite being described as 'spicy'
Chef obviously not vegetarian or particularly interested in presenting a vegetarian dish - no salad, vegetable accompaniment, although from what I saw of the meat eaters vegetable accompaniment, it was lacking in quantity.
And then the ice-cream, well it was half a scoop, if that.
Not value for nmoney. Over-priced.

1  Thank 28JaneD
PLCrane, Owner at Manor House Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

I am sorry you did not enjoy your meal. I will discuss your comments with our chefs.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

My fiancée took me here for my birthday. Great atmosphere sitting having a drink in one if the lovely lounges one of which has a lovely big fireplace, great on a winters night.

The waiter served us lovely canopies with our drink and we sat and looked over an amazing menu! We ordered there and when our food was nearing ready we went to our table and had a amazing five course dinner.

One tiny issue with steak slightly over cooked however I told the waiting staff and it was corrected.

Would be back in a flash!

Also has a pretty good selection of good bottled beers and nice spirits!

1  Thank Main64
PLCrane, Owner at Manor House Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write. We are glad you chose us for your birthday celebration!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Catered for dairy intolerance with ease. Delicious fresh food, elegant and excellent service . Cosy traditional dining room.