“A good find”
Review of Ardchoille

Ardchoille
Ranked #46 of 94 Oban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Situated a couple of miles from the Connel Bridge , Oban. Very easy to find, and plenty of car parking space.
The owners greeted us, enthusiastically, when we arrived and showed us where everything was. We had planned to eat at the Hawthorns, but they advised us that it was closed. They were quick to suggest other eating places in and around Oban. The Falls of Lora was chosen and is the subject of another review.

We had a comfortable night’s sleep and the bedroom was well situated with an en suite. We made the mistake of arriving for breakfast an hour earlier than intended, but Marion put us at ease and served us a magnificent full breakfast. Marion and Donald are the perfect hosts and they were friendly and hospitable without being intrusive.

A lovely place to stay for one night or preferably more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at Ardochoille my first night in Scotland. After spending the better part of 24 hours on planes, in airports, or trying to figure out how to drive on the opposite side of the road, I arrived at Ardochoille around 16:30 (UK time). I was a bit nervous, as I was traveling on my own for the first time, but Marion and Donald made me feel right at home. Upon my arrival, I was warmly greeted by Donald, who showed me to my room and answered my questions about where I could grab a light dinner. Marion returned to Ardochoille when I got back with a sandwich from a nearby cafe and also made me feel very welcome while she answered more of my questions. Donald and Marion provided me with an informative book full of suggestions of local attractions, which I used in planning my time in Oban.

The room was wonderful. It was very pretty, and had an amazing view of the mountains behind the village. Note to Americans - each room has a private, American-style spa bathroom. My bathroom was really, really nice.

Breakfast was a feast. Marion is an excellent cook and took into consideration my dietary restrictions while making sure I had plenty to eat. I wish I could eat like that every day.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. If I ever return to Scotland, I will definitely be visiting Ardchoille again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Trusted the Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. A delightful B&B - comfy, well equipped, extremely friendly, and yes, the breakfast really does set you up for the day!

Sufficiently outside Oban to be quiet, but close enough to head into town for dinner and have easy access to the ferry.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

For the second time in 3 years, my wife and I stayed at Ardchoille. Marion, our host was most attentive. The accommodation was excellent as was the breakfast. A well located B & B, most reasonably priced and providing great facilities for the traveller.

Room Tip: Arrive early to enjoy the ambient
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harold C
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Highly recommend staying here, just a short walk from the beautiful Tralee Beach and a short drive from Oban. Donald and Marion are fabulous hosts and you'll be hard pressed to find a bigger or a better breakfast anywhere!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stru
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I booked this B & B for a Business trip in the local area and I was not disappointed Donald and Marion excellent, I was made very welcome and nothing was a bother the room was also excellent and had some very nice touches and was spotless. I had a very good night and slept like a top, the breakfast was fabulous.I would highly rate this B & B and will definately be back and would have no hesitation in recommending to my friends.

Room Tip: I would say it does not matter what room you have you will be impressed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed at this B&B for 3 nights. Marion and Donald were very helpful in giving local advice and directions. We were invited to use their sitting room which was very nicely set-up. Beats being confined to your room for evening cocktails. The rooms were spotless-comfortable and had new and very nicely appointed ensuite bathrooms. The only problem we had was (tongue in cheek) trying to get Marion to cut back on the food for breakfast. She served cereals, rolls,croissants,breads, cheeses and a jam-jelly- marmalade selection second to none. When the delicious Irish breakfast arrived we were almost full. The service, quality and cleanliness here were second to none during our month long holiday. This is 4 to 5 star quality in our book as it easily exceeded other 4 stars we stayed at. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends