“End of Holiday”
Review of Ardchoille

Ardchoille
Ranked #45 of 94 Oban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed in the self catering flat at Ardchoille with my husband, daughter and dog for one night on our way home from the Outer Hebrides. what a find. Owners so friendly and helpful. The night we stayed there was very heavy rain but nothing was too much bother for them. We had breakfast in the house next morning and oh my goodness what a feast we had. It is definately the best we have ever had on all of our travels. Would definately return.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and are en-suite
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona B
There are newer reviews for Ardchoille

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My boyfriend and I (28 years) are currently travelling through Scotland and Oban was one of our stops. We would have never thought that this small town would be our favorite one. The owners of this B&B are very friendly and caring. We had a flat on our own, which was very neat, cozy and comfortable with a fridge and a garden. You can take a walk to the beach and eat fish and chips there. We could choose our breakfast from a list which was extensive, like in a hotel! We would have loved to stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Situated a couple of miles from the Connel Bridge , Oban. Very easy to find, and plenty of car parking space.
The owners greeted us, enthusiastically, when we arrived and showed us where everything was. We had planned to eat at the Hawthorns, but they advised us that it was closed. They were quick to suggest other eating places in and around Oban. The Falls of Lora was chosen and is the subject of another review.

We had a comfortable night’s sleep and the bedroom was well situated with an en suite. We made the mistake of arriving for breakfast an hour earlier than intended, but Marion put us at ease and served us a magnificent full breakfast. Marion and Donald are the perfect hosts and they were friendly and hospitable without being intrusive.

A lovely place to stay for one night or preferably more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at Ardochoille my first night in Scotland. After spending the better part of 24 hours on planes, in airports, or trying to figure out how to drive on the opposite side of the road, I arrived at Ardochoille around 16:30 (UK time). I was a bit nervous, as I was traveling on my own for the first time, but Marion and Donald made me feel right at home. Upon my arrival, I was warmly greeted by Donald, who showed me to my room and answered my questions about where I could grab a light dinner. Marion returned to Ardochoille when I got back with a sandwich from a nearby cafe and also made me feel very welcome while she answered more of my questions. Donald and Marion provided me with an informative book full of suggestions of local attractions, which I used in planning my time in Oban.

The room was wonderful. It was very pretty, and had an amazing view of the mountains behind the village. Note to Americans - each room has a private, American-style spa bathroom. My bathroom was really, really nice.

Breakfast was a feast. Marion is an excellent cook and took into consideration my dietary restrictions while making sure I had plenty to eat. I wish I could eat like that every day.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. If I ever return to Scotland, I will definitely be visiting Ardchoille again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Trusted the Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. A delightful B&B - comfy, well equipped, extremely friendly, and yes, the breakfast really does set you up for the day!

Sufficiently outside Oban to be quiet, but close enough to head into town for dinner and have easy access to the ferry.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

For the second time in 3 years, my wife and I stayed at Ardchoille. Marion, our host was most attentive. The accommodation was excellent as was the breakfast. A well located B & B, most reasonably priced and providing great facilities for the traveller.

Room Tip: Arrive early to enjoy the ambient
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harold C
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Highly recommend staying here, just a short walk from the beautiful Tralee Beach and a short drive from Oban. Donald and Marion are fabulous hosts and you'll be hard pressed to find a bigger or a better breakfast anywhere!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stru
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oban
Falls Of Lora
#3 of 6 in Benderloch
Shenavallie Farm
Shenavallie Farm
#2 of 6 in Benderloch

Been to Ardchoille? Share your experiences!