“A lovely scottish hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manor House Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Manor House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Oban
Dubai
“A lovely scottish hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

A very pleasant and pictoresque hotel close to Oban town centre. The hotel has a wonderful view over the lake. The rooms are nicely decorated and the staff is helpful. The food is very good even though a bit slow for dinner. Breakfast was excellent. I would definitely stay here again. I would have preferred to have a duvet instead of blankets, however, the sotness of the cashmere made up for comfort.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
PLCrane, Owner at Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for writing. Your comments are helpful. We have considered using duvets but they can be bulky and do work with some of the bedspreads. We'll discuss it more.
Les & Mags Crane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I made a reservation since April 2013. I was staying at the hotel for 2 nights on July! I insisted I wanted 2 beds because I was travelling with my son. They even offered me an upgrade with a room having 2 twin beds and sea view. I could not believe it when I got there on July and the person in reception told me my room was given to somebody else (who has not yet arrived at the hotel) and they were offering me the largest room in the house with ONE bed. I told him I made the reservation months before and I did not want a larger room but one with 2 beds as my reservation stated. The only person in reception (though he was polite) did not have any idea of how to handle the situation. I said the room with 2 beds "was mine" since I booked it long before the persons it was given to and, besides, they were not even there and it might be that at the end they did not show up. The hotel had made a mistake giving them "my" room so they should offer them (if they appear) the largest room in the house and give me "my room". He was very nervous and every time he gave me an explanation he said something absurd. He called someone several times (I believe the manager) who told him not to give me the room and offer me, instead, a bottle of wine. I told him I could not drink wine and that a bottle was not solving the problem at all. He said he was going to make a booking in other hotel in the area with a room with 2 beds. I asked what would happen if the price in the other hotel was different. I could not believe when he said that if the price was higher they were going to pay the difference but in the case the price was lower I was not going to receive the difference back. I was so upset that I only wanted to leave this hotel and not stay here. He called several hotels. None had rooms with 2 beds. I gave him the name of a hotel that I remember looking in the internet and he said that if that hotel had a room , he knew the price was going to be higher, but that in this case they were not paying the difference!!! I could not believe that he was telling me just the opposite of what I was told 10 minutes before!!!! He told me the manager was coming to the hotel to speak to me. I told him I did not want to speak to him unless he was giving me the room with 2 beds, and he said that it was imposible to do that, so I told him I did not want to listen the same incongruencies all over again. After more than 1 hour dealing with this pathetic situation I said I was going to stay in the room they had since I knew I was not going to find any other options (it was late in the afternoon and it was high season). We unpacked and were leaving the hotel to visit Oban when the manager showed up and very rude and impolite started to tell me the same thing again. I told him I was not listening to all that nonsense twice and he made a disgusting gesture with his face and went into the hotel. When we returned that evening to the hotel, the person in reception approached my son, not me, and told him that as the other guests had not shown up we could have the room with 2 beds. We changed all our things and the next day we took an excursion the whole day. When we came back I found in the room a bottle of wine (eventhough I had told them several times I can not drink wine) and an apology letter from the manager. BUT AGAIN I could not believe the contents of the letter: he acknowledged the fact that he made a mistake with the reservation when he gave the room to someone else after I had it reserved but that he wanted to offer me the room when we were going out (which is not true!!!!!) and since I did not want to listen to him he was unable to do so. We all make mistakes and deserve a second chance if we admit the mistake and apologize for it. But this manager not only makes lots of mistakes BUT does not tell the truth, does not respect reservations, does not train the staff on how to handle these situations (he is the first needing the training himself) and does not understand that he should had given me the room I booked because it was the right thing to do, and not because very late that evening the other guests cancelled their reservations. Their worst mistake was the unethical manner in which they handled their errors.

makes lots ofl mistakes BUT

Room Tip: The room was rather small but the bathroom was tiny, tiny (very uncomfortable) and had a very stron...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank lucazino
PLCrane, Owner at Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
We cannot apologize enough for your bad experience at the Manor House. Clearly we were wrong in not giving you the room change we had confirmed in your email but had not adjusted in our booking system and thus assigned to someone else. We understand how this would spoil your entire stay. Your holiday time is invaluable. A mistake like this is unacceptable and we wish we could correct it. – Margaret and Les Crane
Peterlee, Co. Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Wow... loved everything about this hotel , it's in a perfect location just a short stroll away to the ferry and shops ... room was small but cosy and comfortable we had a ground floor room (one) with a sea view.... all staff were friendly, polite and very welcoming...
The food in the restaurant was 100% first class !!!!!
A charming and delightful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for Sea view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cath196
PLCrane, Owner at Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Great! Thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you join us again
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just back from a week long trip around the north and north west of Scotland and spent 3 nights in Oban at the Manor House.
Excellent location, views, staff and dining, including breakfast.
Highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel-Olga-Madrid
PLCrane, Owner at Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
We are glad you enjoyed Scotland and the Manor house. Hope you can come again. Thanks for taking the time to write.
Regards Les & Mags Crane
Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed at the Manor House Hotel early July for one night B&B as we were catching the ferry to Mull the following day. The room was very nice and had a lovely sea view. The staff were extremely friendly and very welcoming. It was only a short walk into the town and an even shorter walk/drive to the Ferry terminal which was perfect for us. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nick A
PLCrane, Owner at Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you can join us again.
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

The Manor House is in a great location for walking into the town or to the ferry and has lovely views. There is on-site parking. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The room was comfortable with a decent bathroom which included a face cloth (unusual in UK hotels). The breakfasts there were the best we had in Scotland, and we liked the one dinner we had there, as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank corrfam
PLCrane, Owner at Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you can come again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night but wished we had longer. Lovely room and amazing views from the bar, staff were very friendly and knew what they were doing .. the food was very good and although a small menu it was well cooked and seasonal. Well Done ! We will return.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank E84KER
PLCrane, Owner at Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for your comment. We hope to see you again.