“Superb”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I felt like a fish predator
Lobster crab salmon or own absolutely delicious but you might end eating in the rain because it is not a proper restaurant but a kiosk.
If you are in town you can't miss it
I would like to eat that kind of food every day!!!

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped by the pier en route for some fish & chips for lunch and quickly changed out minds when we got a free taste of their hot smoked salmon - bought sandwiches of that, crab and prawn; all of which were well stuffed full and really tasty! If we're ever in Oban again we'll be back for more of their delicious food!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Both my wife and I have visited Oban many times over the years - neither of us have ever seen it in the sunshine before!

So this visit was even more enlivened by a visit to the CalMac pier for a light seafood lunch - fresh crab sandwich / fresh prawn and sweet herrings. A tasty family lunch for £12.50....and so fresh. Wanted to try the mussels as well, not to mention the platter...it all looks so good!

Will be back next time the sun is out - maybe in 2025?

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We got lucky: we arrived in Oban on a nice sunny day in the middle of easter.

We got even luckier: we stumbled across this place, looked it up on tripadvisor, made sure it was the right place (it's the one around the back, not at the front), then grossly over ordered.

The food is beautiful. Crab Claws. Mussels. Whelks. Scallops. Hot Smoked Salmon. All fresh, all cooked very simply. Delicious.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

As mentioned by another reviewer, the Seafood Hut is excellently located on the seafront at Oban, right next to the station and the Calmac Ferry Terminal.
And as mentioned by another reviewer, not fine dining, but I personally simply can't imagine anything finer than this.
The food is mouthwateringly fresh and it really is a case of the agony of choice. The lassies there were preparing some salmon and aksed us if we would like a taste, which we accepted. It was so good that my daughter decided to have some salmon as well as fresh prawns. I had a crab sandwich, which was by far the best crab I have eaten in many, many years. The food on display looked so delicious that I had to go back and have some prawns as well - also delicious.
It is a simple place, with a couple of benches and long tables, but this and the food bring people together.
While we were there, a couple had one of the platters of a selection of seafood, and it looked worthy if not better than anything you would find in a high class restaurants.
Excellent value for money and it cannot be rated highly enough - I wish I lived in Oban!!

1  Thank Steven D