“Fresh and Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Oban Seafood Hut
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Oban
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, SC
“Fresh and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had heard great things about the Seafood Hut on the North Pier in Oban and we were not disappointed. It is unpretentious, but fresh and delicious. We had local mussels in white wine and sauteed scallops that were heavenly. Wish I could have sampled everything on the menu - it all looked wonderful.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Arizona
“Prawn Sandwich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I went to this dock side seafood hut in search of their famous "prawn sandwich" because of the reviews on TripAdvisor.

While standing in line waiting to order, one of the staff was giving out samples of their steamed mussels. It was outstanding!

So I debated, should I get the prawn sandwich, or go with an order of mussels since they were the same price? Since reviewers raved about the sandwich, I ordered it. The counter girl pointed to a line of sandwiches sitting on top the counter and said pick one.

I ate it at the stand up bench next to the hut. Sorry -- but I don't get it -- I must be missing something. It was a bunch of tiny shrimp mixed in mayo on standard bread -- nothing more. Shrimp without seasoning has very little taste. I didn't see anything to rave about.

I should have gone with the mussels, or something else freshly steamed from them. I'll bet that would be good.

• Visited April 2014
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I felt like a fish predator
Lobster crab salmon or own absolutely delicious but you might end eating in the rain because it is not a proper restaurant but a kiosk.
If you are in town you can't miss it
I would like to eat that kind of food every day!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped by the pier en route for some fish & chips for lunch and quickly changed out minds when we got a free taste of their hot smoked salmon - bought sandwiches of that, crab and prawn; all of which were well stuffed full and really tasty! If we're ever in Oban again we'll be back for more of their delicious food!

Uckfield
“Fab - just book the weather in advance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Both my wife and I have visited Oban many times over the years - neither of us have ever seen it in the sunshine before!

So this visit was even more enlivened by a visit to the CalMac pier for a light seafood lunch - fresh crab sandwich / fresh prawn and sweet herrings. A tasty family lunch for £12.50....and so fresh. Wanted to try the mussels as well, not to mention the platter...it all looks so good!

Will be back next time the sun is out - maybe in 2025?

Visited April 2014