“Amazing seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Don't be under any illusion - this is not a restaurant by any stretch of the imagination. It is hut with a few benches outside it right by the ferry terminal. But it is the finest seafood you will ever have. Sandwiches are also wonderful - nice brown bread and masses of filling. Staff are lovely and really knowledgeable and gave us great advice about how to open our lobster. They provide ice, lemon, sauce and even a tap to wash your hands!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,571)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Like a fellow said. If you like fish , Need I say more,? This Gaff is even better than a fish place I visited in boston usa, I found this place two years ago and swore I'd, be back, and I was 11/05/2014 for a second time, And they couldn't get rid of me,! The fish, Oh and ALL the staff were very welcoming and obliging even getting me into the crabs claws,
Even the grumpy old bugger in the truck with the large black dog,!

My only complaint was, !! I couldn't stay longer,! I could go on and on, But you have to try for yourselfs, I promise you wont be disappointed even on a wet day,! Need I say more,?

Gin dob ray to agnes !!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a fantastic seafood experience. Imagine yourself in some over priced London seafood place paying thru the nose for average seafood. Now go to the pier at Calmac Oban and experience this seafood!! It is fab. Scallops in garlic butter so big they are like steaks. You have to sit al fresco with the other lucky people at a wooden bench but it's worth it. The seafood platter looks amazing. I bet even Giles Coren would like this place.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Wow! Amazingly fresh and excellent value for money!! You can also sit outside. They have fresh dressed crab and seafood platters. Staff are very friendly .

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had heard great things about the Seafood Hut on the North Pier in Oban and we were not disappointed. It is unpretentious, but fresh and delicious. We had local mussels in white wine and sauteed scallops that were heavenly. Wish I could have sampled everything on the menu - it all looked wonderful.