“Pools weren't very warm, coffee not Starbucks any more ”
Review of Atlantis Leisure

Atlantis Leisure
Ranked #18 of 28 things to do in Oban
More attraction details
Owner description: Atlantis Community Leisure is run as a social enterprise and is a registered charity. This means that any profits made, are re-invested into the business to make continuing improvements in the centre and to put staff through training.Facilities include: 25m swimming pool with flume and trainer pool, 6 court sports hall 5 tennis courts 2 squash courts 40 station Technogym dance studio with over 60 classes a week climb cube 3 story soft play facility cafe sauna function room wheelchair access and WC pool disabled hoist baby changing free parkingWe are extremely proud of our facilities and the services on offer- the best in the West Highlands- and are delighted to welcome visitors and locals alike to enjoy sport and leisure time with us at Atlantis.
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We brought our two boys here for an indoor swim after the umpteenth consecutive wet August day. The centre's a great facility for Oban but is a bit behind the times compared to some...
The pools were well served by lifeguards and there were a variety of kids' floats and toys in the training pool. It's just a shame the water was so chilly! The wall sign told us the water was at 31C, not on your nelly.
The soft play area was a good way for the children to burn off some energy whilst we sat with a coffee; be aware the cafe has lost its Starbucks accreditation (the logo was covered over on the price signs) so the hot drinks were less than nice.
There is an outdoor playground which is currently being extended with new equipment added, I would imagine it'll be a nice facility if the sun shines. If.

1  Thank David W
"whilst on holiday"
in 4 reviews
"swimming pool is"
in 2 reviews
"staff are very friendly and helpful"
"float"
in 3 reviews
"swimmers"
"equipment"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The price was right, starting with the 90 minute parking at 50p. The pool was full of water sport gear to suit anyone wanting to have a bit of fun. There was a lane available for the more serious swimmers and an okay slide (reviewed by my boys).

Staff were helpful and friendly... a nice welcoming atmosphere!

We enjoyed it as a family and would return if staying for longer in Oban.

1  Thank Ericccc
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Staff are very friendly and helpful. The main swimming pool while a bit small is great and the kids pool is perfect for little ones, but the poolside changing area does need a bit of work and was undergoing improvements/repairs while we were there.
My kids main thrill was with the soft play area that we almost had to drag them out off. There is also an excellent play park outside.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We stayed at Appin Holidays near Oban and found this lovely leisure centre! There is a lovely soft play area for children as well as play area outside. Moreover, there is a swimming pool for kids and adults! With a lovely water slide!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I took our 8 month son swimming on Sunday, we had been before and found it very pleasant. However I couldn't say the same this time round.... first of all the water temp seemed a bit cool for a baby pool. Whilst playing with my little boy in the pool I happened to get water in my mouth, there couldn't have been any chlorine in that water as it tasted very salty, as if there had been a build up of people's sweat and god knows what else,the lack of cleaning/chlorine was even more apparent when I looked around and there was a thick dark layer of scum around the pool. This surely isn't acceptable with so many people using the pool. Safe to say I won't be taking my son again unless there is some drastic cleaning schedule put in place.

4  Thank Emma M