Review Highlights
Enjoyed it bht it needs some TLC

We visited to swim one day whilst on holiday because it was raining. Outside play area looked great... read more

Reviewed 26 August 2018
HolidayAddict0506
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
via mobile
Good facilities

Visited here whilst I was in Oban on a weeks holiday. Hotel wasn't far from leisure centre so... read more

Reviewed 19 January 2018
CRWLL
Bridlington, United Kingdom
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Oban
from US$516.69
More Info
All reviews soft play area leisure centre whilst on holiday swimming pool is reception staff goggles swimmers float timetable equipment
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We brought our two boys here for an indoor swim after the umpteenth consecutive wet August day. The centre's a great facility for Oban but is a bit behind the times compared to some...
The pools were well served by lifeguards and there were a variety of kids' floats and toys in the training pool. It's just a shame the water was so chilly! The wall sign told us the water was at 31C, not on your nelly.
The soft play area was a good way for the children to burn off some energy whilst we sat with a coffee; be aware the cafe has lost its Starbucks accreditation (the logo was covered over on the price signs) so the hot drinks were less than nice.
There is an outdoor playground which is currently being extended with new equipment added, I would imagine it'll be a nice facility if the sun shines. If.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank L8579HJdavidw
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The price was right, starting with the 90 minute parking at 50p. The pool was full of water sport gear to suit anyone wanting to have a bit of fun. There was a lane available for the more serious swimmers and an okay slide (reviewed by my boys).

Staff were helpful and friendly... a nice welcoming atmosphere!

We enjoyed it as a family and would return if staying for longer in Oban.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Ericccc
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Staff are very friendly and helpful. The main swimming pool while a bit small is great and the kids pool is perfect for little ones, but the poolside changing area does need a bit of work and was undergoing improvements/repairs while we were there.
My kids main thrill was with the soft play area that we almost had to drag them out off. There is also an excellent play park outside.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We stayed at Appin Holidays near Oban and found this lovely leisure centre! There is a lovely soft play area for children as well as play area outside. Moreover, there is a swimming pool for kids and adults! With a lovely water slide!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I took our 8 month son swimming on Sunday, we had been before and found it very pleasant. However I couldn't say the same this time round.... first of all the water temp seemed a bit cool for a baby pool. Whilst playing with my little boy in the pool I happened to get water in my mouth, there couldn't have been any chlorine in that water as it tasted very salty, as if there had been a build up of people's sweat and god knows what else,the lack of cleaning/chlorine was even more apparent when I looked around and there was a thick dark layer of scum around the pool. This surely isn't acceptable with so many people using the pool. Safe to say I won't be taking my son again unless there is some drastic cleaning schedule put in place.

Date of experience: May 2017