“Professional well run tour”
Review of Oban Distillery

Oban Distillery
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Oban
Manchester UK
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Professional well run tour”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had the 'special' tour that involved a whisky tasting session at the end that was hosted by one of their specialists.

Our tour guide (punky girl with pink highlights) was very knowledgeable and professional but at the same she wasn't stuffy - she was happy to expand on any aspects of the distilling process you wanted and more than pleased to wander off script.

I can't say I ever particularly was into whisky but after the hour long tasting session I've started to get into it since I've returned home - only time will tell if that is a good thing! The tasting session was fast paced, informative and well hosted - I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ITTS

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great tour, best ever tour guide”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This tour was ace. We have been on a number of these tours around scotland but this one was the best, made so by the fantastic knowledge of our guide Scott. He was one of the operators and not a usual guide apparently, but his knowledge was second to none. Good value tour too, £7.50 and you get a free tasting glass, and two tastings. Well recommended.

Raleigh, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This one is a Must See”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I visited the Oban Distillery at the end of August. My tour group was a good size (they keep the groups relatively small), so it was easy to hear and see everything, and I could ask questions without feeling awkward. Unlike some attractions that show you a "virtual" or "replica" of what the operation is like, you will see the actual product being made in the actual distillery. The guide for our group (10 o'clock tour on August 25th) was knowledgeable, articulate, and patient (I like asking questions). We were given two samples - one that came from the cask and one that was the finished product - and were taught how to pair the whiskey with food. We also received a souvenir glass. After my tour, I spoke with the staff in the store about whether I could purchase their products in the States. They were very knowledgeable about where I could purchase Oban whiskey and how to work with my state store if it didn't normally include Oban in its products. And I got to do all of this for less than ten pounds, which is cheaper than many of the wineries I've toured. I would definitely include this on your next trip to Oban.

Visited August 2013
South Lanarkshire
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“In town distillery”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Excellent tour with a very knowledgeable guide. Nice keepsake at the end of the tour and a tasty wee sample.

1 Thank mhomac
Malta
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A must see in Oban.”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is definately a must go in Oban. The guide, Craig, was really friendly and made the guided tour interesting and fun. It was really interesting seeing the whole process that takes place in a distillery. Thanks a lot Craig and the rest.