“Visiting Oban and looking for something different... do this!”

Archery at Ardtorna
Ranked #4 of 4 Fun & Games in Oban
More attraction details
Owner description: Traditional Archery. Try this ancient and noble sport using the traditional longbow of the Scottish Highlands. Learn the basics of this challenging weapon and test your martial skills on our dedicated archery range under the guidance of former " LONGBOW WORLD CHAMPION OF THE WAND " 2006. Children from 10 years and adults catered for. All equipment supplied and safety instructions given.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had a private lesson September weekend this year. Sean done very well explaining everything and showing us how to work the bow.... I was especially impressed on leaning how to firgure out which is my strongest eye! Ha! But with his help I did manage to hit the middle target a couple of times.

My other half enjoyed it so much he has decided to take up archery as a hobby.

I cant recommend this enough and we are planning our second visit.... the location is also amazing!

2  Thank L1nsmcd

Reviewed 27 August 2013

A very enjoyable experience under the wing of a very knowledgeable instructor - Sean. Enjoyed every minute of it - definitely recommended

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our traditional longbow archery lesson today!
As a family we enjoyed having fun together and the tuition was brilliant!!!!
Sean is such a lovely, competent, enthusiastic tutor and even our daughter who is autistic
was able to follow his instructions and succeed to improve her aim.
Sean is very easy going and friendly. We were even allowed to bring our dog who sat
watching the excitement from the side lines (safe distance assured, of course)
We felt incredibly lucky that he had a vacancy from one day to the next. This guy
should be booked up for months in advance!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We travelled over Ireland and Scotland for 4 weeks and this was one of the highlight activities of our trip (in addition to an hour of falconry). Sean who owns the B&B where they hold the lesson is very enjoyable and easy going and gives a lovely history of archery as it relates to Scottish history. This is not something we really get to do in the US so we found it to be a typically local experience. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it and found that even with no experience at all, anyone can with instruction from Sean manage a fair showing. If you are looking for something unique, instructive and fun, this is IT! However, Sean is getting quite popular so book ahead!!!!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have been to Scotland a number of times, but on my most recent visit I was looking for something special because my parents were coming with me. I chose to book private lessons for myself and my dad as a belated Father's Day gift, and I wasn't disappointed. In fact, the traditional longbow lessons at Ardtorna was probably the highlight of the entire trip. Unlike my dad, I have no archery experience so I was surprised at how easily Sean was able to instruct both of us together and encourage me as I improved. And Karen and Sean were very nice and fun hosts as well. If you are in the Oban area, you would be making a mistake to give this one a miss.