“We had our wedding dinner at Seafood Temple and it was amazing!”
Review of Seafood Temple

Seafood Temple
Ranked #16 of 94 Restaurants in Oban
Price range: US$31 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“We had our wedding dinner at Seafood Temple and it was amazing!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a very small wedding in Oban and in the evening we booked our dinner for the 2 of us at Seafood Temple. When I booked I mentioned that it was going to be our wedding day.

We arrived at the Seafood Temple for the 8:30pm sitting and they'd decorated our table with roses, rose petals and candles and congratulated us on our day! I had crab claws for my starter and my husband had scallops. For our mains we had the "half a lobster' which was actually 3 lobster halves and steak and lobster. It was in short the best seafood I've ever eaten. Its fresh and perfectly cooked, and it was so plentiful! It was the perfect end to a perfect day. We love seafood and this is the best seafood restaurant I've ever eaten at. Well worth the money!

2 Thank AJKAllen

London
“Oysters - gulp !”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We only booked on the day of our visit and I suspect we were fortunate to get a table. Typically for us we were first through the doors at opening time. Our first impressions were - it's small, but actually, intimate is a better word. There really is not much point keeping looking inside the restaurant when there is a sunset to be watched over Oban Bay though. The huge windows are made for gazing. We ummed and aaahed as to whether to plunge into the Seafood Platter - £70 as a sharing dish for two. There was plenty on there I had never tried so I was a bit cautious. The fact that everything on it was caught in and around Oban - that day - became too much of a temptation. The chef was brilliant. He came and chatted with us offering advice on what would be on the platter, he offered to replace items we might not like, but we just settled for his choice. Wow (see pictures). So it was that I had my first oyster. Apparently you are not supposed to chew, but then how do you know what they taste like? The two waitresses, like the chef, seemed to genuinely enjoy their work and made the evening a pleasure. No rushing to turn tables here so after the platter we were able to just unwind and allow time for the HUGE portion of gorgeously stodgy and tasty ginger sponge cake. I suppose we should mention the family who walked in and ordered three dozen oysters. Three dozen!

1 Thank Richard H
“Good food, great setting!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Booked prior to our trip on reading the reviews posted on here, we were not disappointed. Great setting right on the sea, fantastic views across the bay. Food very good, the only downside is there is no children's menu, however tried the lemon sole and loved it. Attentive friendly staff. Enjoyable evening had by all. Would go back.

1 Thank Duffy67
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Ok but disappointed”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Visited here before and could not fault it . Unfortunately not as good this time . Staff pleasant attentive . We both had sole but really could have made as good myself . The floor really could have been cleaner crumbs everywhere and yet we were the first sitting . Kids running in and out of restaurant which was off putting as this is a small establishment . We asked for a coffee but they had none as machine was broken ?? First time this has happened to us . No sambuca either . We walked a short distance to a local pub and got both ,probably at half the price . I believe that it has changed owners possibly teething problems .such a pity .

Visited April 2014
1 Thank 263396
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic occasion”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A small restaurant situated in a quiet location, beautiful scenery looking over Oban sea while you enjoy your meal. Staff were friendly and a relaxed ambiance to the place.

Visited September 2013