“Great food always”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visit here probably once a month when in town for work. Never had a poor meal. Often visit with large groups and service 1st class and food always fresh, doesnt take long to come out and tastes delicious. Peshwari nan bread is one of the best I've ever had, love the Lamb Kashmir curry too. Will return as always.

There are newer reviews for Taj Mahal

Reviewed 29 April 2014

146 George Street Oban a fine Indian restaurant far along George St is actually a Bangladesh establishment. My back-of-card notes say a nice Rogan josh and Chicken Bhona but too much batter on the shrimp, a good meal served by a Philippine lady but overall expensive for Oban in my opinion.

1  Thank AudioGuru
Reviewed 30 March 2014

As a couple, we often have Indian meals and up until now have thought that if a restaurant has no competition they don't have to try. How wrong we were with this one. We have had a lot of Indian meals in the past so we do know a good one when we find one. We were staying in Oban for the weekend and found this restaurant on Friday afternoon. We popped in and asked if we could book a table for two. The waiter said no problem and we returned on Friday night at 8.30. The table was ready for us and we were asked for drinks order while we perused the menu. I cannot tell you how many times we said 'wow this is fantastic'! I ordered the tandoori chicken starter followed by Tandoori king prawn massalla. My husband selected onion bahji and Chicken Benghali. The starters were fabulous and when my main arrived I was gobsmacked at the size of the king prawns. I have never seen king prawns as big. The vegetable pilau was unbelievable! Every kind of vegetable was used. The whole meal was absolutely to die for and we would highly recommend anyone to go and try it. The waiters are really good and friendly and we were given a naan bread by accident which we weren't charged for.

2  Thank yvonne p
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Dined here 2 years ago and returned last night. Food and service were excellent. Wide and varied menu. Dined before at the other indian restaurant at the other end of the town but the taj Mahal is so.much better.

2  Thank dmax66
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Ate quite late at night. Asked for only two starters with some popaddoms. All were excellent. Chicken chat was tender and tasty and the lamb tikka was excellent. As good as anywhere I have eaten. So my view is a very good restaurant. Oh and the popaddoms and onions were great as well!!

1  Thank Lookoutmanuk