“Why 41?”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Why 41?”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I refer of course to it's tripadvisor rating. Either we were very lucky or some of the past reviewers dont know a lot about taste. When slightly wary I always judge a restaurant by its Tandoori Chicken starter. In this case it was very good and my partner had the fresh pickle tray and popadums. For mains my better half had a tasty Chicken Korma whilst my Lamb Chilli Masala (which I had requested as not on the menu) arrived teeming with fresh green chilli and a large amount of lamb. Superb! The nan was light and delicious, the rice was fluffy and the Cobra was chilled. Reminded me a little of how Curry Houses used to be like. I would love to know where the reviewer eats that calls this place expensive. The bill came to £28 which is considerably less than I would pay at home. If I lived in Oban I would happily eat in here on a regular basis based on the quality of our meal.

• Visited May 2014

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food always”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visit here probably once a month when in town for work. Never had a poor meal. Often visit with large groups and service 1st class and food always fresh, doesnt take long to come out and tastes delicious. Peshwari nan bread is one of the best I've ever had, love the Lamb Kashmir curry too. Will return as always.

Visited May 2014
London
“OK fair easy walk from B&B”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

146 George Street Oban a fine Indian restaurant far along George St is actually a Bangladesh establishment. My back-of-card notes say a nice Rogan josh and Chicken Bhona but too much batter on the shrimp, a good meal served by a Philippine lady but overall expensive for Oban in my opinion.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank AudioGuru
Durham
“Best Indian meal for a long time!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

As a couple, we often have Indian meals and up until now have thought that if a restaurant has no competition they don't have to try. How wrong we were with this one. We have had a lot of Indian meals in the past so we do know a good one when we find one. We were staying in Oban for the weekend and found this restaurant on Friday afternoon. We popped in and asked if we could book a table for two. The waiter said no problem and we returned on Friday night at 8.30. The table was ready for us and we were asked for drinks order while we perused the menu. I cannot tell you how many times we said 'wow this is fantastic'! I ordered the tandoori chicken starter followed by Tandoori king prawn massalla. My husband selected onion bahji and Chicken Benghali. The starters were fabulous and when my main arrived I was gobsmacked at the size of the king prawns. I have never seen king prawns as big. The vegetable pilau was unbelievable! Every kind of vegetable was used. The whole meal was absolutely to die for and we would highly recommend anyone to go and try it. The waiters are really good and friendly and we were given a naan bread by accident which we weren't charged for.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank yvonne p
Ayrshire
“Best indian restaurant in oban.”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Dined here 2 years ago and returned last night. Food and service were excellent. Wide and varied menu. Dined before at the other indian restaurant at the other end of the town but the taj Mahal is so.much better.

2 Thank dmax66