“Found on a walkabout in Oban”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #42 of 94 Restaurants in Oban
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Found on a walkabout in Oban”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Looking for somewhere to eat on a Friday evening whilst on a walkabout we happened upon the Taj Mahal. Looked inviting and a table was available. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Food was good and plentiful, freshly cooked, the menu was varied and we enjoyed the evening. Give it a try.

• Visited June 2014

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Nicest curry I have had in aggges!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the nicest curry I had had in a good while, there was such an inspiring range of dishes on the menu and reasonable? I wish it was my local, not 200 miles west!
The staff were pleasant, attentive and welcoming. Should I be back in Oban again I would head straight here!

Visited April 2014
Chorley, United Kingdom
“A really good Indian restaurant”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We always make a point of visiting the Taj when in Oban. Always a good meal, great choice on the menu and a relaxed atmosphere. the food is really good and decent portions, staff always polite and friendly.

Good value and worth trying when you are in Oban.,

• Visited August 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Why 41?”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I refer of course to it's tripadvisor rating. Either we were very lucky or some of the past reviewers dont know a lot about taste. When slightly wary I always judge a restaurant by its Tandoori Chicken starter. In this case it was very good and my partner had the fresh pickle tray and popadums. For mains my better half had a tasty Chicken Korma whilst my Lamb Chilli Masala (which I had requested as not on the menu) arrived teeming with fresh green chilli and a large amount of lamb. Superb! The nan was light and delicious, the rice was fluffy and the Cobra was chilled. Reminded me a little of how Curry Houses used to be like. I would love to know where the reviewer eats that calls this place expensive. The bill came to £28 which is considerably less than I would pay at home. If I lived in Oban I would happily eat in here on a regular basis based on the quality of our meal.

• Visited May 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food always”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visit here probably once a month when in town for work. Never had a poor meal. Often visit with large groups and service 1st class and food always fresh, doesnt take long to come out and tastes delicious. Peshwari nan bread is one of the best I've ever had, love the Lamb Kashmir curry too. Will return as always.

Visited May 2014