Priceline
Dearham, United Kingdom

Great place to stay

Review of Dana Villa
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Aug 2018via mobile
Booked to stay at short notice to break up our journey on the way home from Mull. The room was spotless with tea and coffee making facilities and an ensuite shower room. Beds very comfy and lovely decoration in the room. Breakfast was really delicious. My daughter was delighted with melon, blueberries and strawberries, all her favourites! Cooked breakfast was lovely and hot. Great choice of tea and you could take fresh milk to your room...as I'm a massive tea drinker this was great! Although there is no parking its literally a few steps to the corner car park so not really an issue. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back next time we are adventuring. Thanks for looking after us so well!
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ed P, Owner at Dana Villa, responded to this review
Responded 18 Aug 2018
Thank you for your kind review it is great for us to hear that we have contributed to making people's holidays a good experience. I hope you come back to stay with us in the future. Edna
Tripadvisor
    £132
    £181
12.9 miles from Dana Villa
View more hotels in Oban
All reviews complimentary breakfast stayed two nights beautiful guest house town centre feel very welcome home from home b and b perfect location edna hosts bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2018

As we entered Oban, we immediately found "B&B street" and so parked up and began to ring doorbells, imagining a price of £60 or so for two.

The first door that opened was Dana Villa's, where we were quoted £90, but we immediately went for it! The reason is that it's not really a B&B, but a guest house, with friendly & professional staff and great attention to detail.

En-suite facilities. Modern shower with controls for water speed as well as temperature. Hair dryer available. Suction fan.

The bedroom had space for three if necessary, with iron, TV, and kettle with free tea & coffee.

We were asked to fill in a slip to show what we wanted for the cooked part of the breakfast, with cereals, fruit salad, etc., available buffet-style. There is also continental breakfast available and even tailor-made breakfast if necessary, but we were very happy with the delicious Full Scottish!

The guest house is opposite a main council car park. The staff advised us where to park for free a short distance away. The centre of Oban is a five-minute walk away.

Great stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 26 November 2017

The single room is an absolute disgrace - dark, dingy and poorly decorated; there is practically no daylight in this room whatsoever and the lighting was of no help at all. Avoid the twin room also, it is extremely small for 2 people.
The breakfast was very poor quality, items clearly coming from the local freezer shop.
Avoid.

Date of stay: June 2017
Ed P, Owner at Dana Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

I have only recently seen this review as I don't use this site as I don't agree that the guests don't have to prove they have stayed with us and this is a prime example of how one guest can make statements about your business without having to back them up. I am particularly annoyed about the breakfast statements as we take pride in the produce we use and the variety that is available to our guests. I consider this statement as untrue and someone with a grudge of some kind as I feel the whole review was deliberately negative. If I had felt I had this amount of complaints I think I wouldn't have taken the room in the first place or I would have complained to the owner. I was going to post a picture of the room but realized the room has been changed since the date of this review. The only reason I was on this site today and looking at reviews is because we have just had the guest from hell and after bending over backwards to support all his needs he left one of my staff in tears with his rudeness so I am expecting him to leave some vicious remarks there should be a site for people in the hospitality industry to leave there experiences of day to day issues with Guests because there are many. Ed

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Great location to walk everywhere. Street parking was no problem.Beautiful spotless and tastefully decorated bedroom and large ensuite with shower. Breakfast was perfect in communal room, nice to chat to other travellers. Wifi was great. Thanks to the charming hosts and the Bute ditty he sang to us! Would stay again here, although the locals in general seemed weary of tourists - maybe being at the tail end of summer.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 23 September 2017

This is centrally located in Oban - along a row of B&Bs. The room was large with a large bathroom. We were on the main road, but still found it nice and quiet - you can't hear guests in the other rooms. The breakfast was very good but the breakfast room is small.
There's no parking but it's right next to the main car park which is very cheap to park overnight (just £1 from 6pm), and this goes for all the B&Bs along that road.
Overall it's a nice place to stay, and Oban itself is beautiful.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank lornalawson
Reviewed 31 January 2017

At the last minute I checked into this guest house. John was a great host. Very spacious and clean room and the best breakfast ever which you ordered the night before and what time you wished to eat. I would highly recommend and stay again.

Date of stay: January 2017