Glenview Guest House
US$255
  • Bar/Lounge
bedfinder
  • Restaurant
All reviewslarge wardrobeguest housestayed hereoff street parkingfree wifigreat sleepextractor fanplace to stayone nightfriendly ownerslong weekendcomfortable bedearly ferryenjoyed our stayyogurtpleasant staycooked breakfast
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here for one night and it was great. The rooms are small but are spotless with all the amenities including ensuite toilet/shower room, free wifi, free parking, tea, coffee and biscuits in room and a full cooked breakfast in the morning. The owner is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed for one night before catching an early ferry. Our room was clean and spacious, perfect for what we required.
The hosts were very friendly and accommodating, we checked in early and were also provided with an early breakfast which was no trouble and very much appreciated by us.
Only slight niggle was noisy guests being inconsiderate to others late at night/early morning but this isn't the owners fault.
All in all a very good stay, please do not be put off by other reviewers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Booked this as a late Easter break. Stated that it was dog friendly. On the Saturday night the owner's dog made a frenzied attack on my dog. Her dog is a re-homed 3 year old Staffie. She could not get a grip of it to pull him off and also injured her back. I managed to pull him off myself by the collar. Luckily my dog a collie is long haired and that is what saved him. The dog I was told does not do other dogs.
They keep it in their accommodation out of the way but she had left a door open. This could happen anytime and the next time the outcome could be different. They don't take it out among other dogs I was told. Her husband said that it had already taken on 2 dogs outside and had caused damage. When I paid my a/c she told me she was very upset by what had happened and would I please give her a phone and go for another weekend. That is beyond comprehension.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank galaxy2014
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days in August and had the time of my life.Glenview Guest House is located on Soroba Road close to Aldi and Tesco supermarkets.The owner of this beautiful B&B - Mrs Morgan is a very friendly and hospitable lady who will make you feel like home. Rooms are very nice and clean with comfortable beds,sink and satellite TV,bathroom is also very clean,shampoos and hot water all around the clock,lounge is the perfect place to read a good book or to watch a film while relaxing on the couch.And of course breakfast is an excellent one,being the best I had in the area and the dining room is beautifully decorated.Feel free to choose Glenview Guest House whenever you come to Oban,it is definitely the best place to stay in Oban and a hidden jewel in a beautiful town! Andy from Romania

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Booked a last minute long weekend in Oban, Oban was really busy and most places were booked out but Glenview was one of the only B&B's that was available. Both my husband and I were pleasantly surprised at this lovely B&B and certainly will be back, so much so that we have already booked our next visit before we checked out. The couple that run the B&B were so hospitable, the room was clean, tidy and we had fresh towels every day, and our breakfast was superb - we couldn't have asked for anything better and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple