Muthu Alexandra Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewshighland heritagecoach drivercoach holidayian cleaversea viewlong journeyturkey and tinselcoach partiesbreakfast and dinnerseil islandevening entertainmentbiscuitsbar pricesthe hotel is cleanbig roomhaggisoban bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Good hotel good food staff lovely had a single room comfortable and roomy but the badly planned 12 hour bus drive was exhausting. Travelled to india unpacked and settled in the hotel in less time than it took to pick up at all the stops especially in Preston. Enjoyed the break but would not recommend this holiday

Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank judith h
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a very friendly hotel very well managed and a happy staff. My husband and I have had two wonderful 5day stays.One in Summer and the other in Winter. And will definitely go again. You feel welcome comfortable and cared for. We have been on tours with Highland Heritage and can recommend the drivers who have a great humour and an endless knowledge of the places visited along with a great knowledge of the heritage of the Highlands.Thus aptly named. The guests we shared the holiday with were a great bunch of people all of us different but all determined to have a good time, and the staff do everything to ensure that that is what you have. The food is good and plentiful. I have not found better value for money anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room it is incredible and if you feel like paying only a little more get a large sea view you will not regret it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank christinel743
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and myself needed a short break away. We booked a 4 night holiday with Highland Heritage coach tours to the Alexandra Hotel in Oban in March this year. This turned out to be one of the best short breaks we have had. The hotel was very clean and had been upgraded which was evident with the décor and furnishings. Meals and entertainment were first class. Staff were very helpful with enquiries about anything. Bryan the manager made you feel very welcome. Staff were very happy at their work which made the total enviroment good. would definitely holiday with the company again and would recommend the Alexandra Hotel in Oban to all.
Irene Ferguson

Room Tip: Low down rooms great for anyone with mobility problems as windows gave a great view of Oban Bay,
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 975anon
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Our 4th visit to this hotel as we love Oban, the hotel and the staff. The rooms are pristine, and the staff truly are the most helpful and friendly hotel staff we have ever come across. From Bryan, the manager who is approachable and professional to the other staff who smile at you every time you meet and for whom nothing is too much trouble.
Don't visit, however if you like fine dining as this is not the hotel for you.
5* Staff
2* Food

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank christabel4
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed at the Alexandra Hotel for Christmas week, with no great expectations. Would I go back? Yes.

It is rated as a three star hotel but my first impression was that it deserved more but was not quite deserving of four stars.

Why?
An electric kettle already full of water and plenty of tea bags, milk, and sugar.
Adequate reading light above the bed.
Half bottle of Shiraz wine, with glass.
Bowl of fresh fruit.
Xmas box of chocolates.
Slippers and towelling bathrobe.
Solid wood furniture. Not veneered chipboard.

I stayed in Room 47 on the first floor, with a view of the town along the shorefront. The room was warm, neat, and clean. The bed seemed lumpy when I first sat on it but, to my surprise, I had no trouble sleeping in it.

The staff were welcoming, pleasant, and very helpful. The food was well cooked and there was a reasonable choice. I was on my own and was allocated a table with three others who were travelling on their own.

My only moan was that Reception usually had no receptionist although this is understandable as the staff were needed elsewhere. However, they not only lent me an alarm clock because I had forgotten mine but one of the staff also knocked on my bedroom door because they knew I was deaf and did not always hear an alarm.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo