Columba Hotel
US$159
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,128 results
All reviewssea viewnorth pierpublic car parkbreakfast was buffet stylethird floorexcellent locationoban distillerysitting areacentral locationbit datedtop floorlarge roomfamily roomlovely viewdining roomferry terminalisle of mull
Reviewed 10 March 2010

stayed here for 2 nights at the weekend.

had 3 rooms, they were all nice - one had quite an old bathroom but rooms were modern and clean.

staff were all really nice and couldn't have done more to help.

breakfast was very good. lots of choice, very warm.

stayed in the hotel for dinner one night. menu was very exensive. the service was very good. there were a few guests complaining about the length of time they waited for food and then one (rude) couple who stormed out as theirs was cold. .... but our food was nice and we didn't wait long at all.

there is also a bar that sells bar food all day. prices good for a hotel. the toilets at the bar are quite stinky!

the hotel is really central. less than 5 mins walk to anywhere you would like to go.

for the price we paid, it was well worth it and i would return again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
manager_columba, General Manager at Columba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2010

Many thanks for your feedback, I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed your kind words onto the team.

We have recently reviewed all our menus and food offering and our new Chef has introduced some fantastic fresh local food and reprised our menu’s to make them great value for money.

We hope to finish the refurbishment to the hotel shortly, unfortunately the toilets were last on the list to do.

We look forward to welcoming you back so you can enjoy our new menus.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 March 2010

I spent New Year and a few days at this Hotel with my partner and despite the Hotel being in receivership found it to be excellent value for money. Had to subsequently re-visit Oban on business a few weeks later and called to get a rate for workmen, I was delighted at the price quoted and the quality of the room my work colleague and I were allocated. If ever a Hotel deserved to succed it is this one mainly due to the efforts of its staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

Many thanks for your positive comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts. I have taken the opportunity to relay the feedback to the team. We do take customer feedback very seriously and welcome the feedback of both positive and negative points once again thank you for taking the time to post your comment..

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 March 2010

Stayed here for 1 night in February and booked direct with hotel via their website. Git an incredible rate of £35 for double room including breakfast. Our room had a view of thew car park and the sea and Kerrera beyond. The room itself was in good order. The only gripe I would have would be that the bathroom was carpeted! I just couldn't have walked into the bathroom bare foot as who know's who's bodily fluids I may have been walking on! The towels were also very thin - and not very plentiful. Was such a shame as the bathroom was indeed one of the largest I have ever been in. Wasn't up early enough for breakfast - so cannot comment, but the smell of breakfast was brilliant when I came down to check out. Superb value for money if you can get a good rate.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your positive comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts which I have taken the opportunity to relay to my team. We do take customer feedback very seriously and welcome the feedback of both positive and negative points. We are now in the process of upgrading our linen and towels to new stock and will very soon have a much better of towels including luxurious large fluffy bath sheets for our customers to enjoy.

Regretfully, the completion of the few remaining bedrooms and bathrooms scheduled for refurbishment has been slightly delayed, however, we hope to get this back on track soon so that all our bathrooms are of a superior standard. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back to the Columba Hotels once again.

Reviewed 22 February 2010

Lovely hotel with wonderful reception staff. As we entered the hotel we was greated by bagpipes playing in the bar area. Our company (expedia) had booked a double instead of a twin, but the staff swiftly and kindly exchanged and corrected the mistake. We travelled at night so the next morning we woke to snow covered mountains and sea which was lovely over breakfast. The breakfast could have been problematic as we are vegetarians and was worried about not being able to eat as the breakfast was a buffet and the guests had shared the tongs dropping meat in the veggie food. The staff very kindly cooked us seperate food and didn't seemed offended or annoyed with having to do so. The bedrooms are nice and comfy, a little warm but we slept well and other guests did not disturb us, the only shame was the lift which did not stop on our floor as it was broken, but not too much of a deal for us as we are quite fit so not too problematic. Lovely stay and Oban is a lovely town with decent shops and beautiful veiws of sea and mountains. Wonderful stay, so would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane F
Reviewed 9 February 2010

First time visit to Oban and I have to say the hotel as a whole was fantastic. I had a single room with sea views - the scenery was stunning. Everything was in working order in the room and the wall mounted flat screen TV added a modern touch to this Victorian Hotel. I booked very early and was delighted with the value for money at £29 per night. The breakfast was superb, it is served between 7.30am - 9.30am and there is plenty to choose from. A word of warning though - you will have to be up early to sample any of advertised danish pastries. I arrived for breakfast at 8.30am each day and the basket was always empty. It was a pity that the hotels charm is not matched by the Reception Staff. I could have performed a world famous comedy show in front of their very eyes and they still wouldnt have cracked a smile. One lady in particular gave the impression that everything was just too much of an effort for her. The breakfast staff and room maids were friendly enough and this was appreciated after the experience with Reception. Improvements could be made by fixing the lift so that it operates on the middle floor and TV's should be available with Freeview access at the very least. In summary, the hotel is situated in a fanastic spot, right in the heart of the town centre whilst maintaining the stunning views. I highly reccomend this hotel, despite the less than welcoming Reception staff.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo