“Cleanliness and friendliness”
Review of Backpackers Plus

Backpackers Plus
Ranked #2 of 19 Speciality Lodging in Oban
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

So clean so friendly so easy so central so get booked up. You can't knock this hostel for the money.
We actually got an upgrade and had breakfast unintentionally with the owner. He was pleasant and dutifully answered all our tedious tourist questions about the locality.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Backpackers Plus

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Awesome hangout lounge!
Free wi-fi and tea/coffee a big plus.
The breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, but good anyhow.
Friendly staff.
Comfy beds and big bedrooms, even when full they wouldn't feel crowded.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked a single private room for two nights and was quite nervous about staying in a hostel myself. I got a few emails from staff before hand, very friendly and encouraging.It was very easy to find and a few min walk from harbour, lots of places tk eat and drink around it, 5 mins from train and ferry .on arrival, Laura was more than helpful. I arrived off an early train and was able to get into my room straight away as ready. Went up to the sky room and told to help myself to tea, coffee and hot chocolate while she googled a query for me and gave me expert local advice.

The private rooms are in a building next door with own door and separate lounge and kitchen from main dorm users, but you are free to mix it up and I cooked in main building too and chilled in the fab sky lounge, meeting new people. My room was at the top of the building, with shower rooms and toilet just below. A cosy wee single with very comfy bed and ample room for my gear. Great wifi and also a telly and DVD supplied! Bonus! Also towels included in price as well as a help yourself continental breakfast and all the tea, coffee and hot choc you could wish for and it's Nescafé,pj tips and Cadbury too, not the cheapy stuff!

Peter, the proprietor , was about in my building every day and is the friendliest guy ever. Sat chatting to him in lounge over breakfast and tea in evening. When I left I felt like I had made new friends and I can't wait to go again. I will even be taking my kids there late summer I felt that good about the place.always addressed by name and made to feel so welcome, they even took my bag off me on the day I was leaving as had a late train and also offered me the use of the sky lounge if I wanted to, amazing people.

There are a few hostels in Oban and if you are trailing reviews looking for recommendations then look no further than Backpackers Plus, it really is that good :D

Room Tip: From wha I could see they are all good in their own way!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was my first stay at Backpackers Plus and I cannot wait to return in the summer. When the weather may have improved. The staff were friendly and welcomming. The accommodation was clean and comfortable. It is within easy reach of all Oban has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The staff is incredibly friendly and is very familiar with the area. They helped me plan my trip and which routes I should take for good hikes as well as nice places to go see. A man named Peter even took the time to show me a map and how to get to where I would be going.

Breakfast is included and they have a nice variety of meals. It's very affordable to stay here in the bunks where you share with other travelers. And they also offer free internet via Wi-Fi. I even came back after my trip to stay en-suite for another night for a little more money.

Rooms are very clean, cleaner than even some hotels! Communal Bathroom is also clean with private shower stalls. I went barefoot everywhere and not a speck of dirt on my feet. Of course the en-suite is even better with its own bath tub, television and plenty of space for 3 if traveling with family for a bit more money, but it's well worth it for security and comfort if you ask me.

Whether you are just touring around or need a sanctuary from backpacking, there is no better place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is one of the cleanest, friendliest, best managed hostels around! Everything is cleaned everyday, the staff are warm and friendly, the accommodations are comfortable, bright and cheery. Lots of amenities and wifi (truly) throughout the building. The kitchen in ample and well equipped, i can't say enough about how great this place is!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Was made to feel welcome and the host was very hospitable. The facilities were very clean; the cleanest I've seen at a hostel. The kitchen is fully equipped and there's even free food. The beds had two pillows and the room temperature was easily adjustable (choice between window, can and radiator.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo