“Has it all!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Oban
London, United Kingdom
“Has it all!”
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We stayed in the Lismore suite; very comfortable, clean and the views over the bay were great. The restaurant lack views but the food is absolutely amazing! The staff was very friendly and helpful, called us by name beginning at check-in! Can't fault anything about this place!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
DarrellWilliams, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2010
Thank you for your fantastic review, It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will certainly pass on your great comments to our team of Chefs & waiting staff and siobhan who will be pleased. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Oban in the very near future. Kind regards...

Darrell Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We spent two nights here and have no real complaints, but no real reasons to write a glowing review. Rooms were not overly large, but the baths were modern. No problems with cleanliness. Included breakfast was made to order and quite good; we did not eat dinner in the hotel restaurant. Service was good from wait staff, average from front desk. The hotel is in a nice location with a view of the water, about a five minute walk from town. Parking is very limited; make sure you reserve a spot when you book the room.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Oban in the very near future. Kind regards Kind regards Darrell Williams General Manager
Scotland
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We had 2 nights here on a special deal with breakfast and dinner included. Unfortunately the dinners really did let the hotel down. It was a limited set menu and not very nice food at all. In retrospect I wish I had booked on a bed only basis and eaten out.

Our room was nice although we were at the back so didn't have a good view - the view from the bar area in the front of the hotel is stunning. The outdoor hot tub was lovely.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & made good use of the facilities we have here at Oban bay; I take your comments on board about the Dinners and will look into them. I do hope that you will visit us again soon Kind regards...

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We stayed at the Oban Bay for two nights at the end of July. The room was lovely and the bed extremely comfortable. The bathroom was not huge, but it is an old building and so it has many ‘quirky’ elements to it in various points in the hotel to make best use of space.

The food was excellent as were the waitressing staff, very polite courteous and helpful. I appreciate everyone likes breakfast to be served differently, and so some like a buffet service and some like breakfast made to order. I personally like mine to order, so having my eggs poached and delivered to me with the rest of my breakfast at the same temperature was a plus . On the first morning in my full breakfast I only received one sausage, next morning I was hungrier and asked for extra toast, and two sausages and eggs, this was brought no problem.

The spa treatments were amazing, and Siobhan (I hope I have spelt this right) was incredibly friendly gives amazing massages, very relaxing. She was very helpful with beauty treatment tips along with diet advice on how to ensure holiday clothes still fit at the end of the holiday. ;-) We had no problem with the spa facilities and always found them to be clean and tidy. Sitting outside in the hot tub at night watching the ferries and the view is not to be missed.

Will definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic review, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will certainly pass on your great comments on to Siobhan and the team, Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Oban in the very near future. Kind regards Darrell Williams General Manager
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We stayed here for one night before getting a ferry the next morning to Castlebay. Thankfully pre-booked a parking spot as there are very few at the hotel £5 a night. Our room looked out onto the car park and the restaurant/dining area. The hotal is 10mins walk from the centre of Oban with choice for a dinner location. The walk is reasonable and along the side of the harbour. We felt out of place as a high percentage of other guest are certainly 60+.
Decor is reasonably modern but the element of the 'Spa' hotel is pretty false and there is limited 'Spa' facilities.
Breakfast was somewhat confusing as there are 2 menus and you can only pick from one?! Can however, recommend the French toast, maple syrup and bacon - very tasty.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
DarrellWilliams, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete your recent review, I am really disappointed that we did not meet your or indeed my expectations during your recent visit to Oban, please accept my sincere apologies

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I stayed with my sister at this hotel for two nights for a wee "girly" relaxation break. I had booked through Easy Breaks and would say that the deal we got in choosing a Walking Break package at this lovely hotel was amazing. We enjoyed it immensely! The hotel was very pleasing to look at from the outside as well as inside. It was very welcoming and made us feel good to be there right away with a smiling and helpful receptionist. Overall, the staff were among the most efficient and friendly that I have encountered. The restaurant staff are so hardworking and yet always smiling and friendly. Bar staff were the same. They are a great team! The views from the sun lounge are to die for and we really enjoyed sitting in this area with a large glass of something alcoholic after dinner! One thing to remember, the prices of alcolhol reflect the fact that you are in a hotel and are a wee bit on the expensive side. That aside, the sun lounge area at night is a most pleasant place to sit and admire the fantastic views of the Bay, so paying a bit more for a drink is something that I didn't mind that much! The food is excellent - five star quality and served with a smile. We ate from the table d'hote dinner menu which was included in our package and found the choice to be excellent and varied as well as delicious.The breakfasts are quite simply superb. Try the full Scottish breakfast or if you want something a bit lighter, try the cinammon French toast with maple syrup and bacon...yum! We had a smallish twin room at the back of the hotel, but it was very quiet and very relaxing. I slept like a log! The room was modern and stylish and the shower room was spotlessly clean and very modern. Our only slight quibble was that the room was a bit dark in daytime but that was probably because the window was not that big. The shower room could perhaps have done with brighter spotlights so that us girls could get our make up on with greater ease, but these were minor complaints and did not spoil what was a lovely clean stylish room with a really modern and spotlessly clean shower room and toilet , as well as very comfortable beds, modern furnishings and plentiful tea/coffee provided. I also loved the black and white photographs of views in Oban which decorated the walls. All of this made for a really nice comfortable environment to come back to at the end of each day. The staff could not have been more helpful and gave us advice on where to go in the area and how to get there. We had treatments in the spa with Siobhan before we left. Both of us totally enjoyed the pampering. Siobhan is a lovely girl who goes out of her way to make your treatment oh so relaxing and enjoyable. We did not use the hotel's sauna or steam room during our stay as we were out and about so much and did not get the time, but I would certainly do so when I come back again, as they looked very modern, clean and inviting. This hotel is situated on the Esplanade, close enough to the town's main shops and eateries, but far enough away to be quiet at night. It faces directly onto the Bay, with stunning views of Kerrera and Mull. We had booked parking in advance at the hotel for £5 per day - which I would recommend as off street parking is available but is a wee distance away from the hotel itself.Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It is certainly THE hotel I will choose next time I am, back in Oban! A real gem of a place!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ami95
Thank you for your fantastic review, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will certainly pass on your great comments on to the team, Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Oban in the very near future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I got married at The Oban Bay Hotel on 10th July and can thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone who wants the perfect venue for a wedding, or any celebratory gathering! Aswell as holding the wedding at the hotel, approximately 80 of our guests were staying at the hotel and without exception, all of them said how fantastic the hotel was! The food was excellent, the staff were very efficient and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the dining room, bar and lounges were fantastic! The guests who went in the hot tub said how good it was too. Thank you to Darrell and all the staff for everything!

• Stayed July 2010
A big Thank you for your fantastic review, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your wedding with us. I will certainly pass on your great comments on to the team,and i have got to say i enjoyed working with you both , and i hope you had a fantastic honymoon, Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Oban in the very near future.so you can show me the photos

Darrell Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oban
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
#1 of 13 in Oban
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#9 of 13 in Oban

Been to Oban Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!