“filthy hotel”
Review of Regent Hotel

Regent Hotel
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Oban
Reviewed 30 March 2013

my friend and i stayed at this hotel this week,this hotel was a real let down ,the bedrooms were covered in dust ,the sheets were dirty ,the toilet took about five goes to flush the toilet holder was broken the toilet was filthy ,we were there for four nights and never once seen a chambermaid ,the breakfast was awful and cold ,also the staff were not friendly at all ,iwould not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy

Room Tip: read reviews on the hotels first
3  Thank lizcam186534
Tommy S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of our hotel , I would firstly like to apologise for the issues that lead to you not enjoying your stay. I must say that this is one of the most disappointing reviews we have received in a long time and does come as a surprise as we have been receiving very positive reviews on our staff and the cleanliness of linen and towels ,however on this occasion we have not provided the standards we try to achieve on a daily basis . I wish I had the chance to speak to you during your first day as most of the issues you mentioned could have been remedied immediately rather than you having to endure four full days and night with dirty sheets ,four cold breakfasts and have unfriendly staff during your entire stay ,and having to flush the toilet five times every use for four days .I therefore understand the low rating you gave to the hotel because of the issues you encountered as I’m sure most paying guest would have complained at the time or refused to stay with the amount of problems you encountered .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed at this Hotel last week,and found it to be top class in Cuisine,all compliments to the CHEF. Our rooms were clean and tidy,with all the amenities you would require ,rooms were very warm and cosy. Our Hotel was situated in a Centre position very handy for Shops,Restaurants,Ferries to all the Islands,and lovely views over the Bay nice to sit and watch ..You are also not far from Fort William to which we gave a visit and the Scenery was breath taking.
The lovely Village of Inveraray on Loch Fyne is so beautiful and only a 1 hour drive away.
Also the Island of Seil worth a trip their .We enjoyed this 4 day break very much.

1  Thank Dorothy G
Tommy S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on trip advisor
I was glad to read that you enjoy all that Oban and the surrounding areas had to offer .
I will also pass on your compliments to our kitchen team and Head chef.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Me and my partner stayed at The Regent Hotel for a relaxing weekend away on 22.3.13, this was our first time in Oban and we were very happy with our choice of hotel, staff were very friendly and helpfull and the room was very clean/tidy and warm with a lovely view of the seafront, while the hotel does not have on site parking it was not a problem finding a parking spot in the big public car park which was 1 min walking distance from the hotel.

We had breakfast in the hotel in the morning which was lovely as well, the potato scones were a little small but they were the best potato scones i have ever tasted in my life and there was 2 of them as well so that well made up for the size of them, the breakfast menu was really good and you had the choice of a cooked breakfast or cereal or both.

We will be staying at The Regent Hotel for sure the next time we plan on visiting Oban, great hotel with very friendly and helpful staff, rooms were very clean and tidy, Thanking you all very very much.

Room Tip: Ask for a seafront room if you like a nice view.
1  Thank mistysheba
Tommy S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments on trip advisor.
It is always great to read very positive reviews especially from a first time visitor to the Regent and also to Oban .I glad you found all aspects of the hotel enjoyable and the team friendly and helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Regent in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We had a night booked in on sat so I was told ask for a sea view room which I did no problem the girl on the phone said arrived no sea view but she might be able to get me a twin room with a view
Apart from that its a tired hotel there is some upgrading being done but its halfhearted no care is taken just botched jobs

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on trip advisor.
I would like to apologise for the problems with your room on arrival but was glad to read that the team did manage to get you a sea view room albeit a twin room .
As you mentioned we do have a refurbishment program on-going but let me assure you that this is far from a half-hearted effort ,we have replaced all public area carpets and by the end of the year all rooms will be painted and have brand new furniture and most rooms already have new beds,linen and curtains

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I was recently in Oban on buisness, I stayed 2 nights, the room was poor with wallpaper loose at the edges, the shower cabinet was poor, in the resturant on the first night the menu was poor for a funny eater like me, it seemsed to be a problem to get something else, eventully the waitess got me frozen battered fish, the second night the menu suited me better and I enjoyed my dinner, I asked for a takeaway veggie breakfast, dont think they understand that ham is meat, on the second morning a stale cheese sandwich didnt tickle my fancy, wont be back in a hurry

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank algal_13

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Regent. I would like to apologise for the problems you encountered during your stay . I am sorry that our team did not help you more to find to find a suitable alternative meal for you on the first night but glad they improved for the second night of your stay .With regards to your takeaway breakfast , I am very disappointed that this very basic error was made as is our Head chef ,He would like to join me once again to apologise for this and guarantee this mistake will not happen again.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have stayed many times at the Regent always enjoyed it. Just back from the Regent stayed for the weekend 15.3.12 and enjoyed it very much - it was excellent value for money - food was nice - we would like to say special thankyou to Irene in the restaurant - she was very attentive and friendly and did an excellent job.
Angela Vickers
Glasgow

Room Tip: We stayed in the older part of the Hotel - rooms were clean and very comfortable and great views ove...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank angela v
Tommy S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for leaving such a kind review of our hotel and staff.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed the food and found your break value for money .
I will as always pass this onto the team and the individuals mentioned and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Had a lovely weekend at the Regent, which is an Art Deco Hotel. A little bit frayed at the edges but rooms are clean and comfortable, food and waitress service was excellent, although they were kept busy at mealtimes. We had a room facing the front and a beautiful view of the harbour and gorgeous sunset. We did have a bit of a laugh on the Saturday evening when the fire alarm went off and everyone had to be evacuated onto the street in varying degrees of undress! We suspect someone was smoking in their room but we never found out if that was the case.
All in all, a great value for money weekend. No complaints whatsover and we would recommend this hotel. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel have a lovely view, especially if there is a sunset!
1  Thank babmacStirling

Thank you for taking the time to review the Regent Hotel
We very much appreciate your kind comments regarding the excellent food and service and the beautiful views . We look forward to welcoming you back to the Regent hotel in Oban very soon.