Regent Hotel
Agoda.com
US$208
US$180
Toprooms.com
Muthu Alexandra Hotel(Oban)(Great Value!)
US$202
Official Site
US$107
bedfinder
1,071 results
All reviewssea viewa bit tiredshort breaktwin roombed and breakfastblack puddingtown centrefull scottish breakfastlovely viewhaggistommytlcdbbsupplementharbourweeferries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Just back from a weekend at the Regent and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Friendly staff, great food and a sea view with plenty to see. The decor wasn't top drawer but the good out wayed the bad by far and I will be back.

Room Tip: I requested a sea view and got it much to our delight. I was there with my grandaughter who was ten and although there was no childrens activities or children apart from her, she enjoyed her stay and watching the going ons in the harbour from our window.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosaleen S
Tommy S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave to your comments on Trip advisor.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the food great and the staff very pleasant.
We hope to welcome you back to Oban and the Regent in the not too distant future.
Thank you again.
Regent Hotel management and on behalf of all the staff at the Regent Hotel Oban.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

It took about 90 seconds to realise that I had made a terrible mistake booking a room here. Shabby decor in the lobby, lifts that didn't work, a room that smelt of damp with sticky carpets underfoot, the view was of a building site that was being used as a rubbish tip. The room was barely bigger than the bed, and you'd be lucky to get to sleep with the the view of peeling wallpaper on the ceiling. The "professional" photos of the rooms on the hotels website bear no relationship to what I was offered. On complaining to reception, the answer was "nothing can be done" Thankfully, my third party booking service was on the case and no cancellation fee was charged.

Room Tip: Don't bother. There are lots of excellent alternatives in Oban. If your stuck, most of the B&b's will phone their mates and find you a good place to stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrewcrothers

Thank you for taking the time to leave to your comments on the Regent.
I’m sorry you did not enjoy your stay, and I wish that during your stay we could have offered you an alternative but as you mentioned during the busy season we unfortunately we had no other rooms available.
I’m glad that you found some positives with regards to the cancellation charges

Reviewed 29 June 2013

The property is too old for stay. Bed also too old, can't sleep well. Breadfast was included but very poor bad pudding, haggie, bacon all cooked too dry, it seems cook it for a few time. Water for shower is fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking the time to leave to your comments on the Regent.
I’m sorry you did not enjoy your stay or the breakfast, I will pass your comments on to the relevant departments to help them to improve on the issues mentioned

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We decided to have a few days away and stop wherever the mood took us.We went to Oban and saw the Regent Hotel in a perfect position overlooking the harbour and out over to Mull. We asked for a sea view and got one and it was wonderful.
The hotel is in need of refurbishment, but the room we had was clean and comfortable; the dining room was excellent and the food was good too. Breakfast was a selection of cereals, grapefruit and mandarin oranges, followed by a choice of cooked breakfasts. My husband asked for two eggs, bacon, black pudding, tomatoes.....he could also have had sausage, hash browns , haggis...you name it. I enjoyed scrambled eggs bacon and waffles. Toast and a variety of jams followed. With fruit juices and freshly made tea or coffee to drink, we were well happy.
The evening meal was 3 courses for 17.50GBP; although the choice was limited to 3 starters, 4 mains and 3 sweets I found something in each course to enjoy. My husband is Gluten Free, which can present problems, but GF bread was available, and the chef offered melon for a starter, as the one's on the menu all contained gluten, then instead of gravy with the lamb the chef made a red wine and cranberry jus.It was a joy to dine looking over the sea to Mull.
The best thing about this hotel was the staff. Every single person appeared to be happy in their work. To a man they were smiling and obliging, eager to help and willing to chat. We shall certainly return. Thank goodness I hadn't read some of the reviews before I went.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ExpatAnn

Thank you for taking the time to leave to your kind comments on trip advisor.
I will as always pass all your kind words on to the Team ,I’m glad you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and found both breakfast and dinner very good and a joy to dine .
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Regent Hotel and to Oban.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

I like this charming hotel. Thick rich carpets lined the corridors. My room, number 200, looked new and fresh with a spacious white themed toilet and a long bath to soak in. Loved the plentiful wall sockets provided-all the gadgets needing charging! This hotel reminded me of the colonial E & O Hotel in Penang but without the 6 star prices! Doesn't deserve the put downs it has been receiving. The huge breakfast dining hall blows your breath away with its all full front glass frontage view of the ocean. A slendid breakfast came with quick attentive service, your own pot of tea/coffee, a rack of hot toasts, full Scottish breakfast with eggs, black pudding, sausages and Haggis! This grand dame is well alive and kicking and I hope her prices continue to hark from days gone by. I wish her well!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank 88takeiteasy

Thank you for taking the time to leave to your comments on trip advisor
It is always great to read reviews such as yours and then I get to pass these reviews on to the team which is the pat on the back that they so much deserve. I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again in the not to distant future

Thank you very much.