“Nice, warm and friendly hostel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oban
Jeremy Inglis Hostel
Ranked #13 of 19 Speciality Lodging in Oban
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice, warm and friendly hostel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Arrived in Oban late evening and were desperately looking for a place to stay. It was a Saturday and without much guessing, most B&Bs in town were occupied. Found a very small sign on the door saying "Jeremy Inglis Hostel". Decided to give it a go after frantically spending 1 hour driving around town looking for a bed given our limited budget.

Rang the doorbell and I was received by a very friendly and charismatic man. He offered me a small dorm room, took me on a tour around the hostel e.g the dorm, the showers, the kitchen.

Everything about the place ticked the right boxes. The window from my dorm overlooked the carpark and that was a major plus point for me. Location-wise, it's literally a stone's throw away from the train station and McDraig's Tower (a good panoramic spot) is only a 15 minutes uphill struggle away.

Yes. Bedding, bathrooms and pretty much everything else look a tad "tired". But in my opinion, the rustic look only adds more flavour to the overall staying experience. Fellow guests were very nice, mature and considerate. Definitely not the ones you see in the movie series "The Hangover"

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whyismynametaken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Seaford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Ticks all the boxes for those wanting a budget overnight stay. What I liked most about this place is that you immediately felt at home, as the large dining area and kitchen, with wonderful photos, had a warm convivial atmopsphere and was available to guests throughout the day. It was clean, the staff always helpful and my wife and I even had a goose down duvet. Furthermore a self service breakfast is included in the very reasonable price.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael C
Keith, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at the hostel for 4 nights with my small dog. We were kindly given a larger room than we had initially booked, and were able to have access to it straight away, even though we had arrived good few hours earlier than standard check-in time. The room was great - comfortable and bright. They have a large kitchen as well which is open throughout the day to guests. The bathrooms were clean and I was pleasantly surprised at how good the shower was. The staff were all really friendly and made my dog and I feel very welcome - we even got a lift to the station the morning we had to leave! A great little place and amazing value for money - I would definitely return if I'm ever in Oban again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank alinandempsey
vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

A great hostel experience, the hostel is full of flowers and photographs and paintings , and the small single room was comfortable and a great price compared to what is charged in many hostels now.
The breakfast is great too, and included intheprice.

Room Tip: Single rooms are quiet and great value for money
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and only wish it could have been longer! Very comfortable and warm rooms, friendly staff, good kitchen and wifi. Only down side was the shower (pressure) and freezing temp of the bathroom but I spose you get that in Scotland in November! We loved our stay and would recommend it to any one.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Blissyreviewer
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed here for one night on our end to end cycling tour as we we'd arrived late from the ferry from Lochboisedale to find the youth hostel was full and it was a bit torrentially wet for camping. The owners seemed nice but the decor is certainly tired and neither of us really fancied a shower here as bathroom is tired too. The thing that got me was the bedding - all I really want from a place is clean plain sheets so I can see that they're clean but they bedding here was like someone's old patterned duvet which looked rather on the ancient side. The whole place has a bit of a weird smell and whilst the kitchen area is big and nice in a quirky way, it was a bit challenging for me when all I wanted was a clean bed for the night and somewhere to make breakfast. I wouldn't stay here again, it's just not for me - I prefer youth hosteling.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
jeremyinglis, Owner at Jeremy Inglis Hostel, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Copperkettle 88's comments are somewhat confusing as he says that "the kitchen area is big and nice in a quirky way", but in the same sentence he says that there is nowhere to make breakfast, which is untrue, as we have a (as he put it) "big and nice" and well equipped kitchen.
We are not a spanking modern hostel and to some we may appear somewhat old fashioned. Not all of our duvet covers have new, modern patterns but certainly all are washed and clean. He complains that the linen and decor are "tired". However, fortunately many guests enjoy the colourful patterns and designs we use and find them cheerful and homey - as you can see from the reviews.

The reviewer says "all I wanted was a clean bed for the night and somewhere to make breakfast" - which is exactly what we offer and is certainly what he got.
Valenii de Munte, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at Jeremy Inglis Hostel for a week and it was an amazing experience.The decoration of the kitchen is wonderful with photos taken by Jeremy from Ecuador and Peru,you will find beautiful flowers in the kitchen and also in the hall.The hosts and staff are very friendly and when you go for breakfast or dinner in the kitchen,you will meet Michael,a German gentleman who sings and plays very well the guitar and entertains the guests in the kitchen.Room is very clean and so is the kitchen.Breakfast is lovely,especially the jams which are home made.Fell free to choose Jeremy Inglis Hostel whenever you come to Oban! Andy from Romania

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo