This was our first stay at a B&B. My husband previously didn't even consider B&B's (said he wanted privacy which you do get in a regular hotel but no character). However, several friends rave about B&B's especially when traveling especially in more rural areas so after an endorsement by a guide for a well-known tour company, he decided to try it. And the lower prices helped convince him.! Jim at Tanglin B&B was sitting out front and welcomed us personally. We stayed two nights and enjoyed the whole experience--wonderful English (Scottish?) breakfast, cordial hosts, walking distance to everything in town, clean and comfortable room. So, we enjoyed our stay in Oban (visited Mull and Iona, ate wonderful seafood and even sampled Oban Whisky even though we don't drink!) 5 stars for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privately owned and run by Jim and Liz Montgomery for 18 years. This B&B has a friendly informal atmosphere as recommended by Rick Steves, American Tour Guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Tanglin B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanglin Hotel Oban
- Tanglin Bed And Breakfast
- Tanglin B&B Oban, Scotland